World Military Games begin with a splendid opening ceremonyNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:14 am ICT by admin
Skydiving teams descended into the stadium with the Games mascot ‘Bravo’ in tow, which was followed by participants entering the main venue in their official attire.
The march past by the 103 countries that are participating in the game was resplendent with unique style of different armed forces of the world.
President Pratibha Patil declared the Games open. India’s Athens Olympic silver medallist Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore lit the Games Flame by exploding a canon.
During the eight-day long event, close to six thousand sportsmen will participate in 15 disciplines. (ANI)
- Loudest cheers for India, grand welcome for Pakistan at CWG opener (LEAD) - Oct 03, 2010
- Indian coach asks shooters to make the best of pressure - Jul 23, 2012
- Cricket mania grips Hyderabad - Mar 30, 2011
- Olympics: President congratulates Vijay on winning silver - Aug 04, 2012
- After hockey, shooting is India's most successful Olympic sport - Jul 30, 2012
- No place for Rathore; Joydeep, Heena selected for London Olympics - Feb 19, 2012
- I can prove myself again: Rathore - Feb 01, 2012
- Rathore skips last day's trials, dropped along with Rajput - Aug 31, 2010
- Olympic dreams over for Rathore and Anjali (Lead) - Jan 14, 2012
- It has been a roller-coaster ride, says Gagan Narang - Aug 08, 2012
- He promised me a medal: Vijay's father - Aug 03, 2012
- Selectors have to take a call on shooter Rathore - Feb 18, 2012
- Indian sportspersons have gone to London thinking of gold - Jul 25, 2012
- Russian hand in shooter Vijay's Olympics success - Aug 03, 2012
- Stepping into Rathore's shoes will be a challenge: Asher Noria - Sep 26, 2010
Tags: armed forces of the world, athens olympic, disciplines, eight day, flame, games begin, helicopters, mascot, military games, olympic silver medallist, opening ceremony, pratibha patil, resplendent, skydiving, sportsmen, world military, world president