World Cup enters the kitchenJune 14th, 2010 - 6:14 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, June 14 (IANS) Lionel Messi, Wayne Rooney, Argentina, Brazil - the hot stars and teams of the ongoing FIFA World Cup have now entered the mouth-watering menus of hotels and restaurants here.
Most of the eating out joints and malls in the city are decked up with the flags and larger than life cut outs of teams and players now busy fighting for the World Cup title in South Africa.
An upmarket restaurant in the posh Salt Lake, a satellite township, has been decorated with cut-outs of the top stars. Flags of the 32 participating nations also flutter in the restaurant.
The main course dishes and starters have been renamed after the stars of sides like Argentina, England, France, Brazil and Germany.
The world’s greatest soccer gala has also set off a World Cup Food Festival in one of the malls in the outskirts of the city in Rajarhat.
Delicacies of various countries taking part in the World Cup are also being served. “Like, today, we have a menu of French dishes,” said an official of the Axix Mall.
- Brazil fans turning Argentines courtesy Messi-magic - Sep 02, 2011
- Messi fever grips Dhaka - Sep 06, 2011
- A gastronomic treat for Messi and co. - Sep 01, 2011
- A little Argentina in Kolkata - Aug 30, 2011
- Neymar, Messi in charity match - Apr 01, 2012
- Kolkata fans losing interest in World Cup - Jul 04, 2010
- A mouthful of 'tricolour' dishes (With Images) - Aug 13, 2012
- Maradona calls Pele 'idiot' for comments on Messi - Jun 10, 2012
- Argentina remain on top despite 1-1 draw - Sep 12, 2012
- Ex-Malay air stewardess runs thriving food business in South India - Mar 28, 2011
- Barcelona aim to unite Neymar and Messi - Mar 11, 2012
- Argentina face Paraguay in World Cup qualifier - Sep 07, 2012
- All set for Messi magic Friday - Sep 01, 2011
- Qualifying first is not important: Messi - Sep 08, 2012
- Delirious Kolkata welcomes cheerful Messi - Sep 01, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,