World Boxing meet: 72 boxers qualify for London OlympicsOctober 7th, 2011 - 12:57 pm ICT by IANS
Baku (Azerbaijan), Oct 7 (IANS) Seventy-two boxers have qualified for the London 2012 Olympic Games from the ongoing World Boxing Championships here. Four Indians have qualified.
The other 20 Olympic berths will be announced Friday after the completion of semifinal bouts, Xinua reported.
Ukrainian boxers have collected the largest number of six spots. Kazakhstan and Russia won five spots; Azerbaijan, Cuba, England, India and Uzbekistan four; China, Ireland, Italy and United States three; Brazil, Hungary, South Korea, Mongolia and Wales two; while Armenia, Australia, Belarus, Bulgaria, Germany, Iran, Japan, Lithuania, Moldova, Romania, Serbia, Spain, Tajikistan and Thailand each won a place.
–Indo-Asian Nws Servce
- Final medal table at 2012 London Olympic Games - Aug 13, 2012
- Olympics: Medal tally - Aug 03, 2012
- Olympics: Medals' tally (Updated) - Aug 02, 2012
- Olympics: Medals tally (Updated) - Aug 05, 2012
- Olympics: Medals' tally - Aug 01, 2012
- Olympics: Latest medals tally - Aug 08, 2012
- Football friendlies: Argentina beat Germany, Brazil thrash Sweden - Aug 16, 2012
- Olympics: Medals' tally (Lead) - Jul 31, 2012
- World boxing chief awaits bribe evidence from BBC - Oct 07, 2011
- World Boxing Championships: Krishan settles for bronze - Oct 08, 2011
- England's dream Euro 2012 draw makes them 1-10 bookie favourites - Feb 08, 2010
- Most CIS states sign free trade zone agreement - Oct 19, 2011
- CIS leaders call for free trade deal, peaceful end to conflicts - Sep 03, 2011
- Pakistan gears up for World boxing meet - Sep 21, 2011
- International Women's Day 2009 - Mar 08, 2009
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,