World Athletics: Kenya’s Rudisha claims gold in 800mAugust 30th, 2011 - 7:39 pm ICT by IANS
Daegu (South Korea), Aug 30 (IANS) David Rudisha of Kenya took the gold medal in the men’s 800m race clocking 1min 43.91sec at the World Athletics Championships here Tuesday.
Abubaker Kaki of Sudan took the silver clocking 1:44.41. Russia’s Yuriy Borzakovskiy collected the bronze for his effort of 1:44.49, Xinhua reported.
Rudisha, 22, is already a big name in the men’s 800m. He set the current world record of 1:41.01 in the Italian city of Rieti last August.
With the victory, he added another gold medal for the African nation which swept all the six medals on the opening day of the Championships.
- Kenyan star athlete Rudisha to open season in Australia - Dec 28, 2011
- Bolt, Blake make shortlist for Athlete-of-the-Year award - Nov 05, 2011
- Olympic athletics: Kenyan Rudisha wins gold in Men's 800m - Aug 10, 2012
- Powell edged out but Walker posts world-leading time - May 12, 2012
- Kenya's fall, rise and then fall again in London - Aug 14, 2012
- James, Bolt in running for World Athlete of the Year award - Oct 04, 2011
- Bekele's golden double and Kenyan double delight in Olympics - Aug 23, 2008
- World atheletics: Jamaican quartet claim 4x100 relay record - Sep 05, 2011
- Olympic athletics: Tintu Luka fails to qualify for 800m final - Aug 10, 2012
- Kenya's David Rudisha sets 800 m world record - Aug 23, 2010
- Mayookha, Om Prakash win bronze in Asian Athletics (Lead) - Jul 09, 2011
- World Athletics: Kenya's Kirui men's marathon title - Sep 04, 2011
- Olympic athletics: Russia's Savinova wins gold in women's 800 metres - Aug 12, 2012
- World Athletics: Veronica denies Jeter, Felix history - Sep 02, 2011
- Richards, Isinbayeva among six left in jackpot race - Jul 04, 2009
Tags: 800m, abubaker, african nation, daegu south korea, gold medal, italian city, kaki, kenya, medals, opening day, russia, south korea, sudan, victory, world athletics championships, world record, xinhua, yuriy