World 10K run raises Rs.1.63 crore for charityMay 21st, 2012 - 9:15 pm ICT by IANS
Bangalore, May 21 (IANS) The TCS World 10K Bangalore to be run here this weekend, has raised Rs.1.63 crore for 84 NGOs, according to Murray Culshaw, chairman, Bangalore Cares, the official charity partner to the event.
At a media conference here Monday, Culshaw outlined the charity project that was designed to aid the needy and hoped that the amount collected would cross Rs.2 crore.
Culshaw said that the event this year, organised by Procam International, will also see 20 corporates with 22 teams, over 500 charity fund raisers and above 6000 donors.
“We always believe in the power of an individual, as a donor and a fundraiser and this platform proves that. Over the last editions, we have facilitated over Rs.5 crore in fund raising for 150 NGOs,” he added.
Speaking on the occasion, Nagaraj Ijari, vice-president and Global Head-HiTech Business Unit, Tata Consultancy Services, reiterated his company’s commitment to the cause of charity and announced that some 3,500 TCS employees will be taking part in the 10Km run Sunday.
Culshaw announced the nominations for the ‘People’s Green Award”, a platform provided by the TCS World 10K Bangalore to admire and acknowledge people who share the event’s dream to make the earth a greener and better place to live in.
Also involved in the charity project are Assetz Property and member for Provision Asia (PVA), Mindtree whose representatives spoke on the occasion.
- Mumbai readies to kick off Marathon-2012 Sunday - Jan 14, 2012
- MindTree foermer co-founder floats new IT venture - Apr 05, 2011
- Over 38,000 to run in bigger, better Mumbai Marathon - Jan 15, 2011
- MindTree net zooms 135 percent in second quarter - Oct 17, 2011
- Huge forex loss hits MindTree net in fiscal 2010-11 - Apr 21, 2011
- 136 elite athletes for world 10K Run - May 23, 2012
- Bosch to set up research facility at IISc - Jun 02, 2011
- MindTree net plunges 53 percent in fiscal 2010-11 - Apr 21, 2011
- Bieber wins hearts at charity fund-raiser - Dec 23, 2011
- 'Aarakshan' sees different aarakshan in Nepal - Aug 14, 2011
- Drops of benevolence turn into ocean of charity (Himachal Pradesh Newsletter) - Jul 13, 2012
- Bangaloreans put on running shoes for various causes - May 31, 2009
- Hudson to host charity dinner for late nephew - Jun 06, 2012
- India to raise $1.9 bn debt for building highways - Nov 23, 2011
- TCS profit jumps 37.4 percent in April-June quarter - Jul 12, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,