Work on international stadium at Lucknow gains momentumAugust 25th, 2012 - 2:59 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Aug 25 (IANS) The ambitious project of building an international class stadium and cricket academy in the state capital has gained momentum with the appointment of three companies as consultant and transaction advisors for implementing the project.
The companies - Consortium of Innovest Advisory Services Pvt Ltd, Uttrakhand Infrastructure Development Co. Ltd (U-DeC) and Infrastructure Development Finance Company Ltd (IDFC) - have been roped in as consultant and transaction advisors for implementation of the project.
For the project, being developed through Public-Private partnership (PPP) mode, the consultant will be required to prepare a financially attractive plan along with techno-economic report within a stipulated timeline to attract the best players in stadium construction, an official said Friday.
The Infrastructure and Industrial Development Commissioner (IIDC), Anil K. Gupta said: “Although Uttar Pradesh has many players in the Indian cricket team, the state lacks a cricket stadium of international standards.
“As per the wishes of Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, development of an international cricket stadium and academy is being taken up on priority. The state government will ensure its development in a time-bound manner,” he said.
With such a vast pool of cricketing talent available here, it was all the more important to encourage budding cricketers by registering the state’s capability in holding international matches also, said Gupta.
In the first phase, construction of international cricket stadium and cricket academy is proposed in about 50 acres of land area, whereas 37 acres will be used for real estate to make it commercially viable, he added.
While the estimated project cost is around Rs.300 crore, the proposed stadium will have a seating capacity of around 50,000 spectators. In the second phase, it is proposed to develop additional sports infrastructure for indoor games, aquatics, hockey, football, track and field, among others.
- UP plans cricket academy, stadium in Lucknow - Jun 29, 2012
- To woo tourists, UP plans helium balloon rides, rope ways - Jun 13, 2012
- Master plan of Kerala Technocity ready - Aug 17, 2012
- UP to develop hi-tech industrial township in Bulandshahr - Sep 07, 2012
- Akhilesh government takes ahead Agra-Lucknow Expressway project - May 18, 2012
- Gas distribution networks to be set up in Uttar Pradesh - May 22, 2012
- Uttar Pradesh initiates work on freight corridor - Jun 02, 2012
- UP invites investment for Lucknow IT park - Jun 14, 2012
- 11 infra firms eye transit centre project in Bangalore - Feb 15, 2011
- Karnataka infrastructure firm to invest Rs.30 crore in new projects - Jul 12, 2010
- UP mulls Rapid Transit System from Delhi to Meerut - May 10, 2012
- UP approves bid documents for Agra airport - Aug 08, 2012
- Uttar Pradesh to get highway network soon - Jul 09, 2012
- Low loan offtake affecting infrastructure, says IDFC - Nov 23, 2011
- Pay more for more power in Noida and Ghaziabad - Jun 19, 2012
Tags: additional sports, ambitious project, anil k gupta, chief minister, cricket academy, cricket stadium, cricketers, development co, development commissioner, development finance, economic report, estimated project, finance company ltd, hockey football, indian cricket team, indoor games, infrastructure development, international cricket, public private partnership, stadium construction