Woolmer made a big contribution to Pak cricket: InzamamMarch 19th, 2011 - 1:53 pm ICT by ANI
Islamabad, Mar 19(ANI): Former Pakistan captain Inzamam-ul-Haq has urged the Shahid Afridi-led World Cup team against forgetting their former coach Bob Woolmer if they go on to win the tournament on the Indian sub-continent.
“I think Woolmer made a big contribution to Pakistan cricket and if this team win the tournament they should also remember Woolmer,” the Daily Times quoted Inzamam, as saying.
“We prepared very well for the 2007 event, but sadly we exited after the first round, but there was no doubt about our preparations and Woolmer’s hard work ahead of the tournament,” he added.
The 41-year-old further said that Woolmer was a great coach who brought innovation into the game.
“Now when I see coaches using laptops, I remember Woolmer who was the first to use this innovation. At that time people laughed at his using laptops, but now it’s a must for all coaches,” Inzamam said.
Pakistan, who have already qualified for the last eight of the World Cup, will play their final group match against Australia toady. (ANI)
- Inzamam says Pak should win World Cup for Woolmer - Feb 21, 2011
- Pakistan has enough firepower to win World Cup: Inzamam-ul-Haq - Feb 20, 2011
- Inzamam blasts PCB for dividing Pak team into Afridi and Misbah camps - Jan 25, 2011
- Quarterfinal results of 2011 World Cup "really difficult to predict": Inzamam - Mar 23, 2011
- Whatmore to coach Pakistan's cricket team - Mar 03, 2012
- 'Consistent' Pak can win World Cup: Aravinda de Silva - Mar 18, 2011
- Rana Naved-ul-Hasan names Inzamam as best captain, Woolmer greatest coach - Apr 21, 2011
- Delay in naming captain will hamper Pakistan's chances: Inzamam - Jan 24, 2011
- Waqar Younis eyes redemption for Pak cricket by winning World Cup - Feb 11, 2011
- Afridi names Akram, Moin, Inzamam as his top three captains, Woolmer as best coach - Apr 20, 2011
- Pak's impressive bowling and passion will ensure them World Cup glory: ex pacer Zahid - Mar 28, 2011
- Putting spot-fixing scandal behind, Pakistan start World Cup campaign Wednesday (Preview) - Feb 22, 2011
- Sacking Afridi was a big mistake: Akram - May 21, 2011
- World Cup winning captains relive historic moments - Dec 09, 2010
- Afridi warns World Cup teams not to underestimate "hungry" Pak in tournament - Feb 12, 2011
Tags: australia, coach bob, final group, former coach, game, indian sub continent, innovation, inzamam ul haq, islamabad, laptops, match, no doubt, pak cricket, pakistan captain, pakistan cricket, shahid, toady, world cup team