Woods to take a fortnight off to ‘re-evaluate’ thingsApril 12th, 2010 - 1:38 pm ICT by ANI
London, Apr 12 (ANI): The world’s No.1 golfer Tiger Woods is set to take a fortnight off after his extraordinary return to golf at the Augusta Masters before resuming normal playing.
Woods said he is going to take time off to re-evaluate things after finishing fourth in the Masters, his first competition since revelations of his extra marital affairs.
“I’m going to take a little time off and re-evaluate things. I finished fourth. Not what I wanted. As the week went on, I kept hitting the ball worse. I only enter events to win. I didn’t hit it good enough. Consequently I’m not there,” SKY News quoted Woods, as saying.
Woods said he did not know when he might play again, but his next appearance could be the Players Championship in Florida at the start of next month.
Woods is understood to be planning to play his first event outside the security blanket of Augusta National at the Quail Hollow Championship in North Carolina on April 29. It is a tournament he entered last year and won in 2007.
Woods is then expected to follow it up with an appearance at the Players’ Championship at Sawgrass, the unofficial fifth Major, where the galleries are traditionally much more rowdy.
Phil Mickelson won the tournament, with Britain’s Lee Westwood runner-up. (ANI)
- Tiger Woods ready to swing again - despite divorce rumors - Apr 16, 2010
- American Mickelson storms to third Masters victory - Apr 12, 2010
- 'Gentleman' Woods adds two more tournaments to playing schedule - Apr 22, 2010
- Montgomerie expects Tiger Woods finish in top five at Augusta National - Apr 07, 2011
- Golfer Woods struggling with poor form in Florida - May 09, 2010
- Westwood sure his 'time in the sun' about to come - Apr 13, 2010
- Woods grabs the headlines - deserved or not - Apr 07, 2010
- Woods' 281-week reign as World No.1 to end on Sunday - Oct 27, 2010
- Ryder Cup hero Lee Westwood eyes No.1 spot - Oct 06, 2010
- Tough opening round lessons for Atwal at Augusta Masters - Apr 08, 2011
- Tiger Woods believes swing change restores 'fun' in his game - Apr 13, 2011
- Quail Hollow Championship was a walk in the park for Woods - Apr 29, 2010
- Englishmen Westwood and Poulter two shots clear at halfway - Apr 10, 2010
- Augusta Masters runner-up was close to quitting golf - Apr 13, 2010
- 'Emotional' Mickelson overcomes wife's battle with cancer to win Augusta Masters - Apr 12, 2010
Tags: appearance, april 29, augusta masters, augusta national, extra marital affairs, fortnight, golfer tiger woods, lee westwood, little time, london, north carolina, phil mickelson, players championship, quail, revelations, security blanket, sky news, tiger