Windies sweating on Bravo, Russell for second ODIJune 18th, 2012 - 4:10 pm ICT by IANS
London, June 18 (IANS/CMC) The West Indies are sweating on the fitness of batsman Darren Bravo and all-rounder Andre Russell but have been boosted by the news that talismanic opener Chris Gayle will be available for Tuesday’s second One-Day International against England.
The left-handed Gayle missed Saturday’s opening ODI at Southampton, which the West Indies lost by 114 runs, with a stress reaction in a bone in his left leg.
His presence was missed in the batting line-up as the Windies slumped to 172 all out in response to England’s 288 for six.
The left-handed Bravo injured his groin during the game and was forced to bat at number nine, finishing with eight not out in an uncomfortable 21 minutes at the crease.
He joins Russell who is struggling with a shoulder injury.
Both players will have scans Monday to determine their match fitness.
- Injured Darren Bravo out of tour, returning home - Jun 19, 2012
- West Indies bring back Darren Bravo for T20 World Cup - Aug 23, 2012
- No Bravo for warm-up match against Black Caps - Jul 15, 2012
- Bravo, Smith star in West Indies win - Jun 14, 2012
- Ramdin jumps 20 spots amidst controversy - Jun 13, 2012
- West Indies sweat on Bravo's fitness for crucial fourth ODI - Dec 07, 2011
- Barath returns to Windies squad for final ODIs - Mar 22, 2012
- Besieged Windies facing heavy defeat after limp display - May 12, 2012
- Best, Russell called up for Jamaica ODIs - Jul 02, 2012
- Roach leads Windies demolition of Black Caps - Aug 03, 2012
- Windies begin final preparations for World T20 - Sep 01, 2012
- Darren Bravo eagerly eyeing World T20 return - Sep 04, 2012
- Viv blasts woeful Windies, says Ramdin has 'deteriorated' - May 29, 2012
- Bravo sparkles but Windies collapse against Lions - May 11, 2012
- We must look to repeat performance: Gayle - Jul 01, 2012