Windies name U-19 squad for India quadrangularSeptember 9th, 2011 - 3:45 pm ICT by IANS
St. John’s (Antigua), Sep 9 (IANS/CMC) In-form Emmanuel Lett and Akeal Hosein have been included in the West Indies U-19 squad for the quadrangular series in India starting Sep 27.
Trinidadians Lett and Hosein, who were highly impressive at a youth tournament in Guyana, walked into a 15-man squad to be skippered by Barbadian Kraigg Brathwaite.
The right-handed Lett slammed a tournament-high 187 against the Leeward Islands while left-handed Hosein was consistent with the bat and with his off-spin.
Apart from hosts India and the West Indies, the Sep 27-Oct 9 quadrangular will also feature Australia and Sri Lanka.
All teams will play each other twice, with the two top ones meeting in the final Oct 9.
The bottom two teams will play for the third spot.
The home team has been training at the High Performance Centre at the Cave Hill Campus of the University of the West Indies in Barbados.
The camp was held under the supervision of head coach Roddy Estwick, assistant coach Stuart Williams and team manager Courtney Walsh.
The squad: Kraigg Brathwaite (captain), Anthony Alleyne, Sunil Ambris, Ronsford Beaton, John Campbell, Derone Davis, Justin Greaves, Kavem Hodge, Akeal Hosein, Jerome Jones, Steven Katwaroo, Amir Khan, Emmanuel Lett, Kyle Mayers, Donovan Nelson.
Sep 27: West Indies vs Sri Lanka at Dr.Y.S. Rajasekhara Reddy ACA-VDCA Cricket Stadium, Visakhapatnam; India vs Australia: Port Trust Diamond Jubilee Stadium, Visakhapatnam.
Sep 29: India vs Sri Lanka at Dr.Y.S. Rajasekhara Reddy Stadium; West Indies vs Australia at Port Trust Stadium.
Oct 1: Sri Lanka vs Australia at Dr.Y.S. Rajasekhara Reddy Stadium; India vs West Indies at Port Trust Stadium.
Oct 3: West Indies vs Sri Lanka at Dr.Y.S. Rajasekhara Reddy Stadium; India vs Australia at Port Trust Stadium.
Oct 5: India vs Sri Lanka at Port Trust Stadium; West Indies vs Australia Dr.Y.S. Rajasekhara Reddy Stadium.
Oct 7: Sri Lanka vs Australia at Dr.Y.S. Rajasekhara Reddy Stadium; India vs West Indies at Port Trust Stadium.
Oct 9: 3rd place team vs 4th place team at Port Trust Stadium; Final: 1st place team vs 2nd place team at Dr.Y.S. Rajasekhara Reddy Stadium.
- Windies beat Zimbabwe by six wickets to reach quarters - Aug 17, 2012
- ICC U-19 World Cup: Windies clash with Kiwis for semi-final spot - Aug 19, 2012
- U-19: Australia, Pakistan, Windies win - Aug 13, 2012
- Coach backs young Windies to excel in World Cup - Jul 13, 2012
- U-19 World Cup: India pip Pakistan to enter semis (Lead) - Aug 20, 2012
- Ramdin, Shillingford recalled to Windies Test squad - Sep 23, 2011
- Sachin's 100 international hundreds - Mar 16, 2012
- No Chris Gayle in West Indies squad for India - Nov 01, 2011
- West Indies 80 for no loss at lunch - Nov 22, 2011
- 16 teams named for next month's U-19 cricket World Cup - Jul 12, 2012
- West Indies A 127/2 at lunch on second day - Jun 18, 2012
- West Indies opt to bat; Yadav, Ashwin to debut - Nov 06, 2011
- Scoreboard: India vs West Indies, First Test, Day One - Nov 06, 2011
- List of 400+ innings scores in ODIs - Dec 08, 2011
- India put West Indies in to bat in second ODI - Dec 02, 2011
Tags: ambris, amir khan, captain anthony, cave hill campus, courtney walsh, cricket stadium, diamond jubilee, high performance centre, hosein, india vs west indies, jerome jones, jubilee stadium, leeward islands, manager courtney, port trust, quadrangular, university of the west indies, vdca, visakhapatnam india, west indies vs australia