Windies beat Pak in St. Lucia T20 internationalApril 22nd, 2011 - 12:25 pm ICT by ANI
Gros Islet (St. Lucia, West Indies), Apr. 22 (ANI): Leg-spinner Devendra Bishoo spun the West Indies to victory against Pakistan in the lone Twenty20 international in Saint Lucia on Thursday.
Replying to the West Indies score of 150 for the loss of seven wickets, Pakistan fell short by seven runs, scoring 143 for the loss of nine wickets.
West Indian middle-order batsman Lendl Simmons made a fluent 65 before leg-spinner Devendra Bishoo captured four wickets.
Bishoo’s return of 4-17 off four overs earned him the man-of-the-match award at the Beausejour Cricket Ground. Fast bowler Ravi Rampaul took 3-31 from four overs.
“I think the pitch was good for batsmen, and I don’t know why we missed this opportunity to win this match,” Pakistan captain Shahid Afridi said.
He added: “We are not building any partnerships. This is what has been missing for us for a few months.”
The result boosts West Indies cricket after the spat between former captain Chris Gayle and the cricket board over his non-inclusion in the national squad. (ANI)
- Afridi blames Pak batsmen for T20 loss against Windies - Apr 23, 2011
- Bishoo wants to make it big in international cricket - Apr 22, 2011
- Put in, India A barely manage 230 in third 'Test' (Lead) - Jun 17, 2012
- West Indies discards playing for recall - Jun 02, 2012
- West Indies A 127/2 at lunch on second day - Jun 18, 2012
- West Indies A beat India A by 10 wickets - Jun 19, 2012
- India A lose third 'Test' by 10 wickets, series 1-2 - Jun 20, 2012
- India A struggling at 168 for 6 - Jun 17, 2012
- Tiwari and Saha keep India afloat in third Test - Jun 19, 2012
- Windies, Australia to size up in Beausejour after dramatic tie - Mar 23, 2012
- Kotla Test: India in trouble as 17 wickets tumble on 2nd day - Nov 07, 2011
- Indian bowlers strike hard after batsmen fail (Roundup) - Jun 29, 2011
- Milestone century eludes Tendulkar again (Lead) - Nov 25, 2011
- Windies pick rookies Mohammed, Narine for ODIs against India - Nov 17, 2011
- Powell's century leaves India A in a tight spot - Jun 18, 2012
Tags: captain chris, chris gayle, cricket board, four wickets, gros islet st lucia, inclusion, lendl, nine wickets, pakistan captain, partnerships, pitch, saint lucia, seven runs, seven wickets, shahid afridi, simmons, spat, t20, twenty20 international, west indies cricket