Windies beat Australia by 14 runs in second T20March 31st, 2012 - 1:24 pm ICT by IANS
Bridgetown (Barbados), March 31 (IANS/CMC) For the second time in as many weeks, West Indies walked away with a share of the spoils after they beat Australia by 14 runs to tie their two-match Twenty20 International series.
Opener and Man-of-the-Match Dwayne Smith stroked a delightful 63 but West Indies lost their way to stumble to 160 all out with two balls remaining, after winning the toss and batting at Kensington Oval Friday.
Fellow opener Johnson Charles stroked a breezy 37 but Dwayne Bravo was the only other batsman to reach double figures with 23 and it required 24 balls.
Veteran speedster Brett Lee finished with three for 23 while seamers Clint McKay (2-24) and Shane Watson (2-26) picked up two wickets apiece.
Australia then appeared on course for an easy victory when opener David Warner slammed 58 to propel the visitors to 80 for two in the 12th over.
However, off-spinner Marlon Samuels (3-23) made decisive breakthroughs before speedster Fidel Edwards (3-23) took two wickets in successive deliveries at the start of the 19th over, to help restrict the Aussies to 146 for nine off 20 overs.
The preceding five-match series finished 2-2.
- Narine undermines New Zealand as Windies win series 4-1 - Jul 17, 2012
- Windies go down fighting as series ends tied - Mar 26, 2012
- Injury concerns for West Indies after loss to Lions - May 14, 2012
- Windies begin final preparations for World T20 - Sep 01, 2012
- Bravo sparkles but Windies collapse against Lions - May 11, 2012
- India grind out big lead as Laxman eyes a century - Jul 02, 2011
- Windies slump to defeat after batting collapse - Mar 17, 2012
- Sammy warns Windies will be just as dangerous in Tests - Apr 01, 2012
- Jaded Windies lose opening T20 to Australia - Mar 28, 2012
- Outstanding Taylor fires Windies to second straight win - May 03, 2012
- Brilliant Pujara carries India A to an exciting victory - Jun 06, 2012
- Smith credits daughter for resurgence - Apr 01, 2012
- Daley shines again as West Indies win T20 opener - May 02, 2012
- Pollard's century gives Windies series lead - Mar 24, 2012
- Series remains alive after West Indies crash - Jul 12, 2012
Tags: aussies, barbados, batsman, brett lee, cmc, david warner, deliveries, dwayne bravo, easy victory, fidel edwards, kensington, marlon samuels, rn, second time, shane watson, spoils, t20, two balls, west indies, wickets