Win international sports medal, get promotedJuly 20th, 2012 - 1:10 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 20 (IANS) The government has decided to give out of turn promotions to sportspersons who win medals in international events like Olympic Games, Commonwealth Games, Asian Games and World Championships.
The union cabinet Thursday approved a policy to give up to three out of turn promotions in the service for winning medals to sportspersons. The decision was announced Friday.
Officials said the sportsperson winning a medal or more than one medal in a game/team events/championships in a particular year will be eligible for an out of turn promotion in that year.
Further record-breaking medal winning performance in national games will also be considered for one out of turn promotion during the service.
Two out of turn promotions will be given for performance as a coach, if he/she has trained a sportsperson who wins a medal in international sports events.
This would be in addition to the monetary reward scheme already in existence for all medal winners in international sports events and their coaches where up to Rs. 50 lakh is given.
- Maken requests defence ministry for out-of-turn promotion for Vijay - Aug 08, 2012
- Indian Army welcomes home silver medalist Vijay Kumar - Aug 08, 2012
- Surprised that people didn't expect a medal from me: Vijay - Aug 06, 2012
- Haryana to re-open sports sciences college - Jul 23, 2011
- Sports minister gives away cash awards to 158 athletes - May 10, 2012
- Haryana grooms sporting talent for India's future - Nov 29, 2010
- Commonwealth delegates to study Haryana sports programme - Feb 08, 2011
- Haryana announces Rs.1 crore for Gagan Narang - Jul 30, 2012
- Cash, cars, mobile phones, ghee - Haryana CWG winners take it all! - Oct 30, 2010
- Haryana's Olympians to get Rs.11 lakh reward - Jun 01, 2012
- It's my happiest moment: Badminton coach Arif (With Images) - Jan 25, 2012
- Gymnastics Canada confirms team for Delhi CWG - Sep 16, 2010
- Awards, promotions for railwaymen winning Games medals - Oct 06, 2010
- CWG silver lining: Increased funding for Indian sport (Year after CWG) - Sep 29, 2011
- Canada hopes to finish among top 12 in London - May 30, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,