Win against Man U will fire us to win title: ManciniApril 16th, 2011 - 1:18 pm ICT by ANI
London, Apr 16 (ANI): Roberto Mancini has said that a win over Manchester United today can fire his team to win the title next season.
The fierce rivals clash in the FA Cup semi-final at Wembley.
Mancini said: “I can see us winning the title next year. If we win the FA Cup this year or get in the final and get in the Champions League, then that will give us a massive push, we will be flying.”
“Once you get that first success you have the winning mentality,” The Sun quoted him, as saying.
Mancini joined Inter Milan as boss in 2004 and won the Cup in his first season and finished third in Serie A.
He then lifted the title in each of his next three seasons.
Mancini, who took over at Eastlands in December 2009, said: “I can see the same thing happening here as at Inter if I am given time.
“Anything can happen if you don’t win, every club can change its manager. But every time you change a manager you are just starting again, every time.”
“I knew this job would be very difficult. When you win everyone gets recognition, when you lose only one man is responsible. But I love football, I love this job and I am sure Manchester City can be a top team,” he added. (ANI)
- Mancini asks Man City players to unite and lift FA Cup - Apr 15, 2011
- Wenger confident of overtaking Arsenal in Premier League points standing - Apr 04, 2011
- Mancini puts talks on Tevez's Man City future on hold - Apr 29, 2011
- We don't have two hands, but only two fingers on EPL title: Mancini - May 09, 2012
- Man City will be Premier League title contenders in three weeks: Mancini - Aug 14, 2010
- Ancelotti prefers 'ready to play' team to having big-spending Mancini's 'headaches' - Sep 25, 2010
- Would dump any Premier League club to coach Italy, says Mancini - Aug 20, 2010
- Toure's strike against Man U saved Mancini's job - Apr 19, 2011
- Adebayor's return will fire Man City into Champions League - Mar 29, 2010
- Mancini happy Man City will not face '200 percent' Rooney - Apr 08, 2011
- Mancini not sure of keeping Man City job - Apr 02, 2011
- Won't win title playing like that: Manicini - Sep 11, 2011
- City will tear down Man U's banner counting trophy drought: Mancini - Apr 18, 2011
- Mancini now targets Champions League spot for Man City - Apr 22, 2011
- Roy Hodgson to take over as England soccer manager - May 02, 2012