Will Rod Marsh replace Hilditch?July 10th, 2011 - 9:32 pm ICT by IANS
Melbourne, July 10 (IANS) Legendary wicketkeeper Rodney Marsh may take over as the Cricket Australia (CA) chairman of selectors from Andrew Hilditch, who is under fire over Australia’s Ashes loss and the axing of Simon Katich from the central contracts.
Marsh reportedly met CA manager of cricket Michael Brown over lunch here and discussed a possible role in Australian cricket.
“We talked all things cricket but there is a review going on at the moment so obviously nothing is going to come of anything until after the review,” Marsh was quoted as saying by Perth Now.
“I do enjoy being around good players and watching the way they work and perhaps telling some of them the way they should work. It is quite interesting actually,” he said.
The former wicketkeeper has just finished a six-year role as director of coaching at the elite ICC Global Cricket Academy in Dubai.
The 63-year-old Marsh maintained that he is keen to be involved in the sport in one way or the other.
“I am not ready to give it all up, I am pretty keen to be still involved in cricket in one way or another. I am just really hopeful I can be involved and I have no idea what form that could take and if it doesn’t turn out there’s always golf. I finished in Dubai at the end of June and I have another offer to go back there, but at the moment I am weighing up my options,” he said.
Hilditch’s contract expired in April but he has indicated to carry on as long as possible. David Boon also stood down as a selector and has not been replaced.
- ACA endorses Katich's stand on part-time selectors - Jun 22, 2011
- Rod Marsh is manager of Australia's cricket coaches - Dec 22, 2011
- Former players back Katich; why sack only him, asks Warne - Jun 09, 2011
- Spat with Clarke resulted in my axe, says Katich - Oct 28, 2011
- Cricket Australia appoints Marsh, Bichel as selectors - Nov 10, 2011
- Katich slams CA, denies Clarke's hand in sacking - Jun 10, 2011
- Rod Marsh eyes Hilditch job on selection panel - Aug 20, 2011
- Rodney Marsh tips an ICC associate team to create World Cup stir - Feb 08, 2011
- Marching orders to one of Oz selectors will be "a pity": Hilditch - Oct 27, 2010
- Selectors have committed atrocity against Katich: Minister - Jun 13, 2011
- Ashes review is a great thing for Australian cricket: Hilditch - Mar 20, 2011
- I won't leave selection panel: Hilditch - Jan 11, 2011
- Australian cricketers want changes in contract system - Jul 28, 2011
- Clarke not averse to recalling Katich in Australian team - Dec 16, 2011
- Hilditch backs review panel recommendations - Aug 19, 2011
Tags: australian cricket, ca chairman, central contracts, cricket academy, cricket australia, david boon, elite, hilditch, lunch, melbourne, michael brown, perth, rod marsh, rodney marsh, selectors, simon katich, wicketkeeper