Wild Wreck Leads To 20 Crashes At Coke Zero 400July 4th, 2010 - 7:18 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
Daytona Beach, July 4, (THAINDIAN NEWS) It was upsetting to witness Mark Martin being pulled out of his car which went up in flames in Coke Zero 400 on Saturday. That was even more chaotic after the Coke Zero 400 race was delayed by two hours to start owing to the overnight rainfall. Although the race started fine, the drivers met with several clashes on the tracks that contributed to the chaotic scenario at Daytona International Speedway.
Mark Martin was taken over to the medical center at the facility where after a primary medical treatment he was released. It wasn’t a serious injury but the driver couldn’t seem to figure out what caused the “wreck.” When asked about it he told the media that the flames were outside but he was safe inside the car.
Mark Martin also said that his spotter had already warned him to steer his vehicle out of the way but when the flames were up there was nothing he could do. The “wreck” which affected Mark Martin followed on for 20 other cars which included Bobby Labonte, Ryan Newman, Jeff Burton, Joey Logano and Robby Gordon. Jimmie Johnson said that he was having a hard time to get a “good View” after the pile up. He further added that it’s unexpected from Daytona where had have already covered a distance of 380 miles which makes it immensely disappointing.
Kevin Harvick was perhaps the only one who took his car off the route and stayed close to the line and thus avoided the pile up. This was exactly when he went ahead to beat Kasey Kahne right after the ninth caution of the race and emerge as the winner.
- Kevin Harvick Wins Coke Zero 400 In A Wild Finish - Jul 04, 2010
- Trevor Bayne wins Daytona 500 race - Feb 21, 2011
- Kentucky Speedway Dominated By Joey Logano Again - Jun 13, 2010
- Kasey Kahne Proud Victor At Atlanta Motor Speedway - Sep 07, 2009
- Danica Patrick involved in car wreck in the Daytona 500 race - Feb 28, 2012
- All eyes are on Danica Patrick at the Nascar Sprint Cup - Dec 24, 2011
- Danica Patrick has 3 wrecks in 3 races at the Daytona 500 - Feb 28, 2012
- Kate Upton is Grand Marshal at the Daytona 500 race - Feb 27, 2012
- Danica Patrick Is Going To Make NASCAR Debut - Feb 09, 2010
- Jimmie johnson storms the Bristol Motor Speedway at the Food City 500 - Mar 22, 2010
- Danica Patrick to make her NASCAR debut - Feb 09, 2010
- Juan Pablo involved in Montoya crash - Feb 29, 2012
- Armaan on pace at the Auto Speedway - Apr 18, 2012
- Double for Vikram, Vidyaprakash at JK Tyre National Racing - Aug 29, 2010
- JK National Racing Championship promises faster action - Jul 06, 2012
Tags: bobby labonte, clashes, coke zero, crashes, daytona beach, daytona international speedway, flames, hard time, jeff burton, jimmie johnson, joey logano, kasey kahne, kevin harvick, mark martin, medical treatment, pile up, rainfall, robby gordon, ryan newman, spotter