When Flintoff was so ‘drunk’, he couldn’t catch or throw a ballNovember 14th, 2007 - 3:02 am ICT by admin
“Flintoff was in such a state that he could not throw properly. And when it came to trying to catch the ball, I honestly thought I was going to hurt him, so uncoordinated was he. I was fuming and stopped the practice early,” Stuff.co.nz, quoted Fletcher as saying in his extract, which appears on the Daily Mail’s website.
Fletcher also states that Flintoff had spent the whole night, after a one-day match in Australia, drinking with Ian Botham and had only gone to bed at 7 a.m. the next day.
“I never minded players having a drink as long as they didn’t go overboard and were mindful that you do not drink 48 hours before a game,” he says.
Fletcher said Flintoff had let him down with his drinking during this year’s World Cup in the Caribbean and on the Ashes tour of Australia in 2005-06.
“If he does ring me when he sees what I have written I will say, ‘At the end of the day, Fred, you let me down in an area that you had real control over.’” (ANI)
- Flintoff slams India's lacklustre attitude - Aug 19, 2011
- Fletcher took being miserable to a new level: Veterans - Apr 28, 2011
- KP's return to form dependent on playing with a straight bat: Ex-coach Fletcher - Aug 26, 2010
- Can't be complacent against Australia, says Fletcher - Dec 12, 2011
- Fletcher gears up for India's challenging tours - May 13, 2011
- Never seen England pitches seam and swing so much: Fletcher (Lead) - Aug 11, 2011
- Important to start well, says Dhoni - Jul 17, 2012
- Australian's wary of Fletcher's appointment as India's coach - Apr 27, 2011
- Fletcher has addressed how to tackle mind games: Ojha - Dec 21, 2011
- Ashes 2010: Fletcher says England must stick to their guns - Dec 24, 2010
- Fletcher's advice has helped me, says Saha - Mar 10, 2012
- I wouldn't have withdrawn the run out appeal: Hussain - Aug 01, 2011
- Fletcher favours more opportunities for Indian youngsters - Jun 17, 2011
- I will learn from the Indian team: Fletcher - Jul 15, 2011
- Ashes 2010: Aussies hope to take a pot shot at Duncan Fletcher - Nov 21, 2010