When Arjun cheered for dad Sachin at WankhedeApril 2nd, 2011 - 9:34 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, April 2 (IANS) Sachin Tendulkar’s 12-year-old son Arjun was part of the packed crowd at Wankhede and egged on his father when he came to bowl against Sri Lanka in the World Cup final here Saturday.
The 37-year-old Sachin, who is perhaps playing his last World Cup, got a huge applause from the packed Wankhede including Arjun, who was sporting the Indian jersey.
Arjun waved and cheered when TV cameras spotted him and his image flashed on the big screen. Even Sachin couldn’t control his smile on seeing his image.
Sadly, it wasn’t a fairy tale final for Sachin as he failed to get his 100th international century, falling for a mere 18 runs.
- Wankhede cheers for Muralitharan in his swansong match - Apr 02, 2011
- Sachin Tendulkar: A diminutive man and colossal cricketer (Profile) - Mar 16, 2012
- Motera eagerly awaits Tendulkar's 100th century - Mar 24, 2011
- Muralitharan cheered by fans at his last ODI (Lead) - Apr 03, 2011
- Emotional Tendulkar rides on his team mates shoulders at Wankhede - Apr 03, 2011
- Hype will make it tough for Tendulkar: West Indies coach - Nov 04, 2011
- Tendulkar's early dismissal ends hopes of a last face-off with Muralitharan - Apr 02, 2011
- Kudos to Sachin's hundred 100s: B-Town - Mar 16, 2012
- 'Tendulkar's achievements surpass those of Bradman' - Mar 31, 2011
- ICC defends decision to host World Cup final at Wankhede - Mar 23, 2011
- Dhoni wins World Cup but India loses No 1 Test status (2011 in Retrospect - Cricket) - Dec 21, 2011
- India aiming for a clean sweep of West Indies - Nov 21, 2011
- Don't know what the future holds: Yuvraj - Apr 11, 2012
- Wankhede eagerly awaits World Cup final - Apr 01, 2011
- Tendulkar fails to emulate Bradman's feat (Lead) - Mar 25, 2011