What is lacking? Manmohan asks Indian hockey teamNovember 14th, 2007 - 8:11 am ICT by admin
“He (Prime Minister Manmohan Singh) asked us about our preparations and what is lacking,” Indian Hockey coach V. Bhaskaran, said after meeting Singh.
As the Prime Minister asked the Indian Hockey coach about the things lacking, the latter promptly put forward the request for an urgent need of floodlight facilities at the training centre in Bangalore.
“As most the matches are played under flood lights and you need to have them at the training centre in order to perform well internationally,” Bhaskaran said.
Singh personally congratulated members of the team, and presented them with mementos for their splendid effort.
It was a moment to be cherished for captain Prabodh Tirkey and his teammates, who interacted with the Prime Minister and his wife Gursharan Kaur.
Speaking about the forthcoming Olympic Qualifiers and training camp to be held in Bangalore, Prabodh Tirkey, said, “The camp is to be held in Bangalore and we will be practicing hard for the forthcoming Olympic Qualifiers. All the players at this camp will play to the best of their ability.”
The players also presented a hockey stick to the Prime Minister. (ANI)
- Hockey camp to focus on fitness, strength: Nobbs - Mar 12, 2012
- 48 probables selected for national hockey camp - Jul 16, 2011
- 'New hockey coach's tenure will be till 2016 Olympics' - Jun 28, 2011
- WSH appoints coaches and captains - Nov 26, 2011
- Dilip Tirkey's presence at camp is a boon: Sandeep Singh - Feb 07, 2012
- Top players likely to give WSH a miss - Feb 28, 2012
- Top hockey talent pool drying up: Former captain Dilip Tirkey - Jun 17, 2011
- Rajpal retained among 32 hockey probables for Olympic qualifiers - Jan 23, 2012
- Nobbs focussed on allround development of Indian hockey - Jun 30, 2011
- Maken promises athletes all support for London Olympics - Mar 16, 2011
- I don't have a fixed starting XI: Nobbs - Feb 16, 2012
- Players have to decide between India and WSH: Hockey India - Nov 16, 2011
- WSH may decide Saturday to postpone the league - Dec 09, 2011
- Players' obsession is only to win: Hockey coach Michael Nobbs - Jun 17, 2012
- Indian hockey squad for Commonwealth Games announced - Aug 30, 2010