Westham boss hails `unstoppable Manchester UnitedFebruary 9th, 2009 - 1:54 pm ICT by ANI
London, Feb.9 (ANI): West Ham boss Gianfranco Zola has hailed Manchester United as the Unstoppables after Ryan Giggs fired the latter back to the top of the Premier League table, two points clear of Liverpool.
The champions are now 5-1 on with the bookies to retain their title, and The Sun quoted Zola as saying: They have everything. We have been beaten by probably the best team in the world.
They punished our only mistake in a very professional way. I knew it would be difficult for us if they scored first. I did not expect them to be so good defensively. I knew they would be good offensively. They are just getting stronger. Not many teams will beat us here. They were great, he added. Arsenal were dubbed the Invincibles after completing the entire 2003-4 season without losing a game.
Veteran Giggs, 35, claimed his first league goal of the campaign with an uncharacteristic right-foot shot and it means he has now scored in all 17 Premier League seasons.
United boss Alex Ferguson said: I am searching my memory banks for the last time Ryan scored with his right foot. I always felt one goal would be enough. It was a fantastic performance from the back four.
Ryan is a credit to the game and if anyone wants an example of how to dedicate themselves to football, you could have no greater example than Ryan Giggs, he added.
Zola, however, said that he was happy for his team.
It has been another step forward for us even though we lost the game. I am sure it wont be easy for anybody else here. They just punished the only mistake we made. Our goalkeeper only made one save. When you can win games like this you are very strong, he said. (ANI)
- Rocking Roo will strike for Man U against Blackpool: Veteran Giggs - Jan 25, 2011
- Giggs to discuss future with Manchester United - Dec 24, 2011
- Giggs bamboozled by Rooney's suspension for swearing - Apr 08, 2011
- Giggs backs Berbatov to win 'Golden Boot' battle against Tevez in Manchester derby - Feb 12, 2011
- Arsenal better than Chelsea, same league as Barca: West Ham manager Zola - Mar 22, 2010
- Man U legend Giggs wants a stint with Becks in US 'Major League Soccer' - Jul 14, 2010
- Chelsea is 'ordinary' compared to Man U: Giggs - Aug 10, 2010
- Ferguson hails oldie goldie Giggs - Sep 15, 2011
- Man U cruise to victory in season's opening tie - Aug 17, 2010
- Ferguson hails Man U's 'golden oldies' Scholes and Giggs - Aug 17, 2010
- Ryan Giggs has finally shed his fear of Fergie - Aug 19, 2010
- Patrice Evra to take up yoga to prolong career like Giggs - Apr 28, 2011
- Fergie praises Giggs for shattering Chelsea's Champions League dreams - Apr 13, 2011
- Ferguson campaigning for ManU legend Giggs' knighthood - Sep 25, 2010
- Vintage Giggs takes Manchester to top in Premiership - Feb 09, 2009
Tags: alex ferguson, arsenal, bookies, boss, goalkeeper, invincibles, last time, league goal, league seasons, liverpool, london feb, manchester united, memory banks, mistake, premier league, right foot, ryan giggs, veteran, west ham, zola