West Indies arrive for series against IndiaNovember 3rd, 2011 - 10:57 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 3 (IANS) The West Indies team arrived here Thursday for three Tests and five One-dayers against India.
Led by Darren Sammy, the West Indies team is on a high after their rare series win against Bangladesh. They beat Bangladesh 2-1 in the ODI series and 1-0 in the two-Test series.
The Indian team, after a disastrous tour to England, whitewashed Alastair Cook’s side on return in the five-match ODI series.
Opening batsman Adrian Barath is the only addition to the West Indies squad that beat Bangladesh, replacing Lendl Simmons. Barath is back after recovering from a hamstring injury.
The West Indies will miss explosive opener Chris Gayle, who has not played international cricket after World Cup because of his long tiff with the cricket board.
The first Test will begin Sunday at Feroz Shah Kotla stadium. The second Test is in Kolkata (Nov 14-18) and third in Mumbai (Nov 22-26).
Squad: Darren Sammy (captain), Adrian Barath, Carlton Baugh (wicket-keepr), Devendra Bishoo, Kraigg Brathwaite, Darren Bravo, Shivnarine Chanderpaul, Fidel Edwards, Kirk Edwards, Kieran Powell, Denesh Ramdin (wk), Ravi Rampaul, Kemar Roach, Marlon Samuels, Shane Shillingford.
- No Chris Gayle in West Indies squad for India - Nov 01, 2011
- Ramdin, Shillingford recalled to Windies Test squad - Sep 23, 2011
- West Indies call up Shillingford for Trinidad Test - Apr 13, 2012
- Tendulkar back; big chance for India's GenNext against Windies - Nov 05, 2011
- Gayle, Bravo left out of the first Test against India - Jun 18, 2011
- Bishoo dropped, in-form batsman Fudadin gets the nod - Apr 20, 2012
- India opt to bat against West Indies in Eden Test - Nov 14, 2011
- West Indies opt to bat against India - Nov 22, 2011
- Pacer Gabriel in West Indies squad for England - Apr 28, 2012
- India look for series win and Tendulkar's 100th ton at Eden (Preview) - Nov 13, 2011
- WICB refuses contracts to Gayle, Sarwan, Bravo, Pollard - Oct 05, 2011
- India aiming for a clean sweep of West Indies - Nov 21, 2011
- West Indies name 30-man provisional squad for World T20 - Jul 19, 2012
- Lunch scoreboard: India vs West Indies, Day Three, Third Test - Nov 24, 2011
- Deonarine named in Windies squad for first Test - Apr 05, 2012
Tags: barath, baugh, brathwaite, chris gayle, cricket board, denesh ramdin, feroz, fidel edwards, international cricket, kemar, kotla, marlon samuels, odi series, rare series, ravi rampaul, second test, shivnarine chanderpaul, test series, west indies team, wicket