West Bengal cricket accodiation annual meet July 29July 9th, 2008 - 12:29 am ICT by IANS
Kolkata, July 8 (IANS) The much-awaited Cricket Association of Bengal (CAB) annual general meeting (AGM), slated for July 29, would see a battle royale between seasoned cricket administrator Jagmohan Dalmiya and incumbent Prasun Mukherjee for the president’s post. The announcement came after a two and a half hours’ meeting of the CAB working committee Tuesday. Mukherjee said the filing of nomination would start Wednesday and continue till July 21.
To a query, Mukherjee said there would be no independent observer during the elections.
“We don’t have it in our rules. And moreover, nobody has made any such demand also,” Mukherjee said.
The CAB’s annual award ceremony would be held July 19 at the historic Town hall.
Ashok Kumar Dasgupta, member of the Bengal Ranji trophy team in the 1953 final, would be given the lifetime achievement award.
Asked when the lease for the Eden Gardens would be renewed, he replied, “The process is almost complete. Some documentation is only left. The army has already given the green signal”.
The Eden Gardens stands on the maidan, the sports hub of the city, on a land owned by the army. The army has been renewing the Eden Gardens lease in favour of the CAB from time to time.
The previous lease ended mid-2007, following which the CAB applied for the renewal.
- Dalmiya all set to continue unchallenged as CAB chief - Jul 27, 2010
- Dalmiya has a challenger in Samar Pal for top CAB post - Jul 21, 2012
- Dalmiya re-elected CAB president - Jul 28, 2012
- Pranab agrees to speak to ICC chief - Jan 30, 2011
- CAB trying to rope in Kapil as bowling consultant - Jul 28, 2012
- Dalmiya meets Pranab on Eden fiasco - Jan 29, 2011
- West Bengal waives amusement tax for World Cup ties - Jan 25, 2011
- Eden Gardens WC fiasco: Pranab Mukherjee to meet Sharad Pawar - Jan 30, 2011
- Bengal intellectuals shocked at Eden fiasco - Jan 31, 2011
- Eden to host a T20 and an ODI - Feb 24, 2011
- Dalmiya should resign from CAB, says long-time opponent - Jan 27, 2011
- With polls coming, Bengal parties play on Eden Gardens fiasco - Jan 30, 2011
- Mamata, CAB felicitate golden boy Sachin (Lead) - May 12, 2012
- Mamata, CAB felicitate golden boy Sachin - May 12, 2012
- Dalmiya seeks ten-day grace, urges board to persuade ICC - Jan 28, 2011
Tags: annual general meeting, ashok kumar, award ceremony, battle royale, cricket association of bengal, dalmiya, eden gardens, favour, historic town hall, hub, independent observer, kolkata, lifetime achievement award, maidan, nomination, ranji trophy, trophy team, two and a half hours, west bengal, working committee