Wenger says trophy less Gunners will continue with youth policyApril 23rd, 2011 - 8:19 am ICT by ANI
London, Apr. 23 (ANI): Arsenal fans have been given their worst possible news by coach Arsene Wenger, when he revealed that he would continue with his youth policy in the 2011-12 season.
The Gunners will head towards a sixth year with no silverware, and Wenger has disappointed fans by saying: “The team average is 23 years old, why should we expect to have a huge turnover at the end of the season?
The Sun quoted him, as saying: “There is always a need to improve the team but if you look at our season you cannot come to the conclusion we need big changes. That would be completely stupid because if we had beaten Liverpool and Tottenham this week we would be just two points behind Man United and we have to play them at home.”
Arsenal desperately need more experience in their ranks after another campaign that promised so much but seems likely to end in more misery and frustration.
Wenger, however, claims he does not know how much he has available to spend in the summer, despite reports that new owner Stan Kroenke will hand over a 40-million-pounds to him.
“The only thing I can say is that the club is in a healthy financial situation and if needed to we can make a big transfer,” Wenger said. (ANI)
- Wenger to get 55 million pounds for squad overhaul - Feb 20, 2012
- Arsenal needs to work harder to end trophy drought: Wenger - Apr 21, 2011
- Arsenal won't end trophy drought this season: Redknapp - Apr 21, 2011
- Arsenal's Wenger says UK Premier League title race not over - Apr 11, 2011
- Wenger says Arsenal are 'trying to win everything they can' - Jan 26, 2011
- Kroenke in fight to keep Cesc - Apr 15, 2011
- Podolski turns down riches to sign with Arsenal - Mar 09, 2012
- Keep distance from Van Persie, Wenger tells Manchester City - Oct 01, 2011
- Lifting Carling Cup would end doubts about Arsenal, says Wenger - Feb 26, 2011
- New Gunners owner Kroenke may open purse strings for Wenger - Apr 12, 2011
- Arsenal's new boss Kroenke pledges success for Gunners - Apr 12, 2011
- Wenger says his Arsenal future depends on his young side - Apr 04, 2010
- Arsenal wants to bring in more players: Wenger - Jul 25, 2012
- Gunners move to within two points of Premier League leader Chelsea - Nov 15, 2010
- Arsenal's Premier League title bid dead after Tottenham loss: Wenger - Apr 15, 2010