Wenger insists Arsenal will win Champions LeagueApril 7th, 2009 - 2:39 pm ICT by ANI
London, Apr.7 (ANI): Arsenal are “super outsiders” to win the Champions League next month, and team manager Arsene Wenger is delighted that the bookies’ also thinks so.
The Gunners boss is more than happy for his young team to play the role of rank outsiders going into tonight’s quarterfinal first leg in Villarreal.
Wenger claims Arsenal are only 50-50 to beat the unpredictable Spaniards who lost 3-0 at Almeria over the weekend.
Then there is the strong likelihood of a semi-final meeting with favourites Manchester United before they can even think about the final in Rome on May 27.
The Sun quoted Wenger as saying: “I cannot say who will be in the semi-finals but I do know that we are the super outsiders to win the trophy this season.” (ANI)
- Wenger confident Arsenal will perform well against Villareal - Apr 15, 2009
- Arsenal's '2004 Invincibles' won't happen again: Ferguson - Dec 13, 2010
- Arsenal needs to work harder to end trophy drought: Wenger - Apr 21, 2011
- Arsenal under pressure to meet only remaining Premier League 'target': Wenger - Mar 21, 2011
- Wenger ready to spill blood to make Gunners winners - Nov 23, 2010
- Weak Gunners can't take Premier League title, says West Brom's Mulumbu - Mar 22, 2011
- 'Bad' game against Liverpool has left Man U in fight with Arsenal for Premier Legaue - Mar 10, 2011
- Wenger says Arsenal are 'trying to win everything they can' - Jan 26, 2011
- Arsenal will influence title race, says Wenger - Apr 11, 2009
- Wenger vows to fight on - Aug 29, 2011
- Wenger blames defenders for Carling Cup semi-final defeat - Jan 13, 2011
- Arsenal ready to sell skipper Fabregas for 35-mn pounds - Apr 27, 2011
- Wenger says his Arsenal future depends on his young side - Apr 04, 2010
- Arsenal won't end trophy drought this season: Redknapp - Apr 21, 2011
- Wenger to get 55 million pounds for squad overhaul - Feb 20, 2012