Wenger asks his young Arsenal guns to grow up to show their strengthNovember 28th, 2009 - 2:07 pm ICT by ANI
London, Nov 28 (ANI): Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has asked his younger players to grow up in order to show their strength.
“We cannot be considered a young team any more. We have to show we have grown up.
There comes a period for every team when they have to show their strengths. For us, this moment has arrived,” Wenger said.
“Chelsea will be one of our biggest tests and we have to prove we are ready, focused and confident. We have to win all our home games against the title fighters. If we do that, we can put ourselves in a very strong position,” The Sun quoted him, as saying.
Wenger is haunted by memories of last season’s 4-1 home defeat to Chelsea.
“That result hurt us very much and was difficult to swallow. It was the nightmare week of last season,” he said.
Arsenal will be without injured Robin van Persie, Abou Diaby, Gael Clichy, Nicklas Bendtner and Kieran Gibbs. But Wenger insisted: “I still believe we’re strong enough to beat Chelsea. They were quite lucky to beat Man United and I expect us to be stronger.”
Wenger has accused the Blues of using a legal loophole to allow New Year signings. (ANI)
- Wenger gunning for Man U - Mar 03, 2011
- Arsenal's Wenger says UK Premier League title race not over - Apr 11, 2011
- Wenger tells Arsenal players momentum is with them to win Premier League - Jan 06, 2010
- Arsenal has no plans to part with Fabregas, Wilshere: Wenger - Apr 24, 2011
- Arsenal wants to bring in more players: Wenger - Jul 25, 2012
- Arsenal can win Champions League: Bendtner - Mar 10, 2010
- Superb Messi scores four to set up Inter date for Barcelona - Apr 07, 2010
- Wenger says gamble on Arshavin paid off in amazing style in historic defeat of Barca - Feb 17, 2011
- Wenger salutes genius Messi after Barcelona downs Arsenal 4-1 - Apr 07, 2010
- Gunners move to within two points of Premier League leader Chelsea - Nov 15, 2010
- Wenger warns Premier League crown can be won or lost in December - Nov 04, 2009
- Winning the Premier League means more than lifting World Cup: Clichy - Mar 18, 2010
- Wenger's nine million pound swoop for West Ham striker Carlton Cole - Jan 06, 2010
- Keep distance from Van Persie, Wenger tells Manchester City - Oct 01, 2011
- Carlton Cole tops Arsenal's wanted list - Mar 28, 2010
Tags: abou diaby, arsenal boss arsene wenger, boss arsene wenger, gael clichy, guns, home games, kieran gibbs, legal loophole, london, man united, memories, new year, nicklas bendtner, nightmare, robin van persie, sun