Webber eyes Red Bull victory in British Grand PrixJuly 8th, 2010 - 4:50 pm ICT by ANI
London, July 8(ANI): Red Bull racing driver Mark Webber has said that he has a good chance of winning this weekend’s British Grand Prix at Silverstone.
Webber, who has won two races this season, sees the Silverstone event as a home race for the Red Bull team, and a chance to bounce back in the championship fight.
“I like Silverstone a lot and I do fancy my chances. I’m looking forward to getting back on the horse after a non-finish in Valencia,” Fox Sports quoted Webber, as saying.
“Silverstone’s been a good track to me in the past. I’ve won there in most categories, except Formula One, so I’m looking forward to trying to add a Formula One victory to my other victories there,” he added.
He further termed the airborne accident at the European Grand Prix as a “rough weekend in Valencia” and insisted that his form has been good.
“In Canada we finished fifth, but that was a very interesting Grand Prix for everyone. Turkey was another podium, so it wasn’t a bad weekend at all, so the signs are good to continue having some good weekends and keep fighting,” Webber said.
“I’m very optimistic that the future is looking good for us and the team is very settled at the moment,” he added. (ANI)
- Webber natches British Grand Prix win from Alonso - Jul 08, 2012
- Hamilton eyeing Italian Grand Prix to boost F1 title hopes - Sep 03, 2010
- Belgium and Italian Grand Prix wins critical for title bid: Button - Aug 28, 2010
- Vettel wins Singapore GP, Force India record season's best result - Sep 25, 2011
- McLaren must bounce back in Germany: Prost - Jul 16, 2012
- Webber wins British GP; Vettel, Button in fightbacks - Jul 11, 2010
- Force India keen to make a mark in their home race - Jul 05, 2011
- We must gain ground on rivals, says Petrov - Jun 29, 2012
- Force India optimistic about chances in Hungarian GP - Jul 24, 2012
- Red Bull chief optimistic about team's chances - Jul 23, 2012
- Webber has blown chances of first F1 championship title: Sir Jack Brabham - Oct 29, 2010
- Button eyes McLaren one-two finish at British GP - Jun 15, 2010
- Vettel races to another victory, Sutil finishes 9th at European GP - Jun 26, 2011
- Karthikeyan hopes to better qualifying show at Silverstone - Jul 06, 2012
- Vettel claims another pole, Sutil sneaks into 10th at European GP - Jun 25, 2011