Weather can decide the medal, says shooter SodhiJuly 19th, 2012 - 8:54 pm ICT by IANS
London, July 19 (IANS) India’s top double trap shooter Ronjan Singh Sodhi, a strong medal prospect, said weather can be the deciding factor in his event during the London Games.
“It is a level playing field out there and the weather and range will affect all the shooters, so that is going to be no excuse,” said Sodhi.
Sodhi agreed that weather will have an impact in deciding his medal.
“I have been in this sport for a long time and having being World Champion in 2009 and winner of World Cup I know how it works. You may be the greatest shooter of all time but you need a bit of luck on a particular day,” he said.
Asked about the shooting range, Sodhi said: “It is good and no cause for any excuse.”
Sodhi said he was feeling relaxed and was enjoying his stay at the Games Village.
“Well, the initial excitement has died down, now I am feeling relaxed and good. It is good to be with some of the best sportspersons in the world. Having said that, I must say I am enjoying every moment in the village,” he said.
Sodhi, who finished 7th in this year’s World Championship, said a score of 145 out of 150 will be good in the final.
“I have shot 147 twice (World record equalling feat), but let me tell you all these records have no meaning on particular day when you are gunning for medal. Keeping all the factors in mind, I dare say that luck element is huge,” he said.
Sodhi said World No.1 Peter Wilson (England) and Joshua Richmond (US) would be the shooters to beat.
“Well, needless to say it is very tough. There are 22 shooters, including current world number one Peter Wilson (England) and Joshua Richmond (US). I named them because you asked me. Otherwise, all the participants start with same advantage and disadvantage before the tart of the event,” he said.
- Olympics: India hope to get lion's share from the ranges (Preview) - Jul 27, 2012
- Olympics: India on a medal count - Jul 27, 2012
- Sodhi all set to defend his shooting title - Oct 03, 2011
- Sodhi wins gold at ISSF World Cup in Italy - Jun 14, 2010
- Time professionals ran Indian sport: Shooter Ronjan Sodhi - Dec 05, 2010
- Asian Games shooting: Ronjan breaks India's gold jinx, bronze for double trap team (Lead) - Nov 21, 2010
- Selectors have to take a call on shooter Rathore - Feb 18, 2012
- Ronjan Sodhi becomes World No.1, says best yet to come - Aug 01, 2011
- Olympic shooting: Curtains for India's double trap shooter Sodhi (Lead) - Aug 02, 2012
- Olympic: Curtains for India's double trap shooter Sodhi (Lead) - Aug 02, 2012
- Treating Olympics as another shooting event: Ronjan Sodhi - Jun 02, 2012
- Olympics: Sodhi, Bhagwan disappoint for India (Evening Lead) - Aug 02, 2012
- Indian shotgun shooters gearing up for tough competition - Oct 01, 2010
- Khel Ratna has brought added pressure: Narang - Jul 26, 2011
- CWG shooting: Noria, Sodhi win double trap silver - Oct 06, 2010
Tags: 1 peter, advantage and disadvantage, double trap, excuse, initial excitement, joshua, london games, long time, luck element, peter wilson, richmond, shooters, shooting range, sodhi, tart, trap shooter, weather, world champion, world cup, world record