We need to rectify mistakes: FranklinAugust 25th, 2012 - 10:02 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, Aug 25 (IANS) New Zealand all-rounder James Franklin hopes the batsmen would rectify mistakes they committed in the first inning.
“I think we started pretty well in the second inning. We got to continue this over a long period of time tomorrow and day after,” he told reporters after the third day of the first test against India.
“Hopefully we will rectify some mistakes we made in the first inning and spend long time at the crease. When Kane and Brendon go out tomorrow it is about taking time and scoring runs along the way. It is a simple formula.”
New Zealand were 41 for one in their second inning after being bowled out for 159 in the first inning in reply to India’s 438.
Franklin, who was the top scorer with unbeaten 43 in the first inning, said he tried to stick to his game plan as far as possible.
The all-rounder said Indian spinners have pretty good record in India where wickets are conducive to spinner and there was also pressure playing on these wickets. He, however, said the Kiwis as individual batsmen should be strong in their game plan and take bowlers by heart.
Franklin his role as a bowler has a changed a little bit as the fourth seamer in the side on the wickets conducive to spinners.
He said the team this morning discussed what they need to do facing spinners but failed to execute the plan.
- First Test: Ashwin spins India to innings victory (Roundup) - Aug 26, 2012
- Taylor's ton keeps Kiwis afloat at tea - Aug 31, 2012
- Shillingford nabs five but Kiwis battle to draw - Jul 23, 2012
- India tighten grip on first Test against New Zealand (Roundup) - Aug 24, 2012
- India bowled out for 438 against New Zealand (Lead) - Aug 24, 2012
- Ojha strikes twice as Kiwis struggle (Lead) - Aug 31, 2012
- Dhoni's unbeaten 108 propels India to 360/5 - Feb 16, 2011
- Ashwin strikes, Test poised for close finish (Roundup) - Sep 02, 2012
- India tighten noose on Kiwis, rain curtails third day's play (Second Lead) - Aug 25, 2012
- New Zealand on 106/5 on day two of first Test - Aug 24, 2012
- We are capable of making a comeback: Kiwis' Jeetan Patel - Aug 24, 2012
- Pakistan on top after day one of Wellington Test against Kiwis - Jan 15, 2011
- World Cup warm-up: Dhoni leads Indian run spree - Feb 17, 2011
- India gain initiative in second Test (Tea Report) - Sep 02, 2012
- Heavy rains halt play in first Test (Lead) - Aug 25, 2012
Tags: bowlers, crease, first test, game plan, hyderabad, james franklin, kane, kiwis, little bit, long time, new zealand, period of time, rounder, seamer, spinners, taking time, third day, time tomorrow, top scorer, wickets