We need to play well against Daredevils: HusseyMay 14th, 2012 - 9:01 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 14 (IANS) Kings XI Punjab’s stand-in skipper David Hussey Monday said his team cannot afford to falter in a crucial Indian Premier League (IPL) encounter against Delhi Daredevils as they are in a must-win situation in their remaining three matches to keep their play-off hopes alive.
Kings XI are riding high after their sensational last-ball win against Deccan Chargers in Mohali Sunday night but still have a daunting task of qualifying for the playoffs. They face table toppers Delhi Daredevils twice and defending champions Chennai Super Kings once.
“We had a good match on Saturday. We are playing Delhi on Tuesday and it’s a big game for us and we need to play equally well to get two points and move ahead. The boys are confident of putting up a good show,” Hussey said.
Adam Gilchrist, who has been sitting out and playing the role of a mentor since picking up a hamstring injury, said if he is fit to take the field there is no guarantee that he would feature in the playing eleven.
“Injury has been progressing well, but not well enough. Even if I am available for playing, it is not sure that I will play as the the boys are doing a great job right now and the team is really getting along very well,” he said.
Kings XI’s veteran Pakistani all-rounder Azhar Mahmood was also happy that his performance was helping the team’s cause.
“It is not about an individual performance, it is about the whole team. Everyone has done his bit to make the team win,” he said.
- Daredevils beat Kings XI to march into IPL play-offs (Lead) - May 16, 2012
- Gilchrist dents Super Kings' playoff chances - May 17, 2012
- Hussey, Gurkeerat keep Kings XI in playoff hunt (Lead) - May 14, 2012
- Keen tussle on cards as Chargers looks to spoil RCB's party (Preview) - May 19, 2012
- Gilchrist still doubtful for Tuesday's match - May 07, 2012
- Kings XI blown away by Gayle's knock - Apr 21, 2012
- Daredevils put Kings XI in to bat - May 19, 2012
- Daredevils knock Kings XI out of IPL, top group stage (Lead) - May 19, 2012
- Kings XI Punjab take on Deccan Chargers in a must-win game - May 20, 2011
- Don't question integrity of my players: Hussey - May 16, 2012
- Kings XI outplay Deccan Chargers (Lead) - May 09, 2012
- Daredevils aim to again top the table (Preview) - May 09, 2012
- Advantage Super Kings against Kings XI Punjab - Apr 27, 2012
- Kings XI opt to field against Super Kings - May 17, 2012
- Kings XI face Deccan Chargers, look to book play-off berth - May 12, 2012
Tags: adam gilchrist, azhar mahmood, big game, chargers, daunting task, david hussey, encounter, ipl, job, match, mohali, New Delhi, premier league, punjab, role of a mentor, rounder, skipper, table toppers, veteran