We have right balance,talent to win CL T20: KlingerSeptember 17th, 2011 - 5:47 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Sep 17 (IANS) South Australian Redbacks skipper Michael Klinger feels his team has the right balance and talent to emerge winners in the Champions League Twenty20 cricket tournament beginning Sep 23.
“Our strength is balance. My team has the right mix of old and new,” Klinger told mediapersons at the team hotel here Saturday.
“We have a set of experienced players like Shaun Tait, Daniel Harris and myself. Then we have very talented youngsters like Nathan Lyon, Kane Richardson and Tom Cooper. This makes us very confident,” he said.
Coach Darren Berry said the strong spin attack of Aron O’Brien, Adil Shah and Tom Cooper did very well in the Big Bash, the Australian domestic Twenty20 tourney, and would again deliver the goods on favourable Indian tracks.
Berry, who took over as Redbacks coach last December, said the presence of a nippy pacer like Shaun Tait was a big advantage for his side, which bowed out last year from the semi-final stage of the Champions League.
“Last time we remained two steps away from winning the League. This time we hope to override that blockade,” Klinger said.
The skipper was happy with the practice the team had in Adelaide before coming here. “The team looks to be sharp and in good shape,” he said.
However, he admitted that the going would be tough with all the ten teams having world class players. “But last time we won against both the Chennai and Bangalore franchise and that gives us a lot of heart.”
The nagging drizzle and a cloud cover have kept the team management worried as they desperately wait to start their practice on Indian soil before flying to Bangalore for the inaugural show Sep 22.
“We really hope that we can get some practice matches under our belt,” said Berry.
The coach said acclamatising to the Indian conditions would not be a problem as the players were in good nick.
The Redbacks begin their Group B campaign here against Chevrolet Warriors of South Africa Sep 25.
- Warriors to bat against South Australian Redbacks - Sep 25, 2011
- South Australia to bat against RCB - Oct 05, 2011
- Royal Challengers beat Redbacks in a thriller - Oct 06, 2011
- We played to the plan: Johan Botha - Sep 25, 2011
- Frenzied fans turn up to back RCB in eliminator - Oct 05, 2011
- RCB knock out Redbacks in thriller to enter CLT20 semis - Oct 06, 2011
- CL T20 Scoreboard: Warriors vs South Australian Redbacks - Sep 25, 2011
- Heavy rain washes out Somerset-Redbacks CLT20 tie - Oct 01, 2011
- Knight Riders suffer second consecutive defeat in Champions League (Lead) - Sep 28, 2011
- Kieron Pollard out of Big Bash with hamstring tear - Dec 16, 2011
- Tait all praise for Rahul Dravid's mental toughness - Sep 17, 2011
- Final squads of 11 teams for Champions League named - Aug 22, 2011
- Scoreboard: South Australia Redbacks vs Kolkata Knight Riders, Champions League - Sep 28, 2011
- Warriors romp to 50-run victory over Redbacks - Sep 25, 2011
- Ferguson banking on good CLT20 show to earn recall in Australian team - Sep 17, 2011
Tags: adil shah, aron, cloud cover, cricket tournament, daniel harris, darren berry, drizzle, good shape, inaugural show, indian soil, klinger, o brien, pacer, shaun tait, south australian redbacks, talented youngsters, team hotel, team management, tom cooper, twenty20 cricket