We have gelled well as a team: RainaJune 12th, 2011 - 4:18 pm ICT by IANS
Antigua, June 12 (IANS) Indian captain Suresh Raina says that the young team has done exceptionally well in the ODI series against the West Indies despite not getting much time to prepare.
Raina was elated after India took a 3-0 lead in the five-match series by winning the third ODI here Saturday.
“God has been very kind to all the boys. Credit goes to Duncan Fletcher (coach), Eric Simmons (bowling consultant) and the other support staff. We have gelled well as a team. We didn’t get much time for preparation after IPL. We came here and had a few quality team meetings and practice sessions. That helped us,” Raina said.
Raina also praised Man-of-the-Match Andre Russell who scored an unbeaten 64-ball 92.
“Russell played some amazing shots. Credit goes to Amit Mishra for bowling well,” said Raina
The Indian captain felt that Mishra can make an impact in the forthcoming Test series.
“We have the Tests coming up. These tracks are helpful for leggies and he (Mishra) has been among the wickets in the IPL and against South Africa as well,” said Raina
Raina also said that Manoj Tiwary, Ranganath Vinay Kumar and Ravichandran Ashwin, who are yet to feature in any of the ODIs, may get a chance in the remaining two matches.
“We have a couple of guys sitting on the bench. I hope everyone gets a chance in the last two games,” he said.
- India look to seal series against Windies Monday - Dec 04, 2011
- India to field against West Indies in fourth ODI - Jun 13, 2011
- Tips from seniors helped me tackle bouncy deliveries: Raina - Jun 21, 2011
- Gayle out of T20, two ODIs squad against India - May 30, 2011
- Windies have everything to gain against India (Preview) - Dec 10, 2011
- Great chance for youngsters to perform, says Raina - May 31, 2011
- Poor shot selection cost us the match: Raina - Jun 14, 2011
- Gambhir to lead in T20, ODIs in absence of Dhoni (Lead) - May 13, 2011
- Scoreboard: India vs. West Indies, 3rd ODI - Jun 12, 2011
- Badree gets nod ahead of Benn in Windies squad - Jun 25, 2012
- Indian cricket in a very healthy state: Fletcher - Jun 12, 2011
- Fletcher favours more opportunities for Indian youngsters - Jun 17, 2011
- Early appointment of Fletcher will help us prepare better, says Shewag - Apr 29, 2011
- Narine breaks into ICC top 20 - Jul 25, 2012
- West Indies dressing room a happier place now: Sammy - Oct 18, 2011
Tags: ashwin, coach eric, duncan fletcher, eric simmons, forthcoming test, indian captain, ipl, mishra, odi series, odis, practice sessions, quality team, ravichandran, sitting on the bench, suresh raina, team meetings, test series, third odi, tiwary, wickets