We can turn Dzyuba into a great: EmeryJuly 17th, 2012 - 7:52 pm ICT by IANS
Moscow, July 17 (IANS/RIA Novosti) With proper guidance, Spartak Moscow striker Artem Dzyuba could be Russian football’s next big name, new coach Unai Emery said Tuesday.
Dzyuba, 23, is one of the country’s most promising strikers, despite being left out of Dick Advocaat’s 23-man squad for Euro 2012.
“He has the possibility of becoming not only an important player for Spartak, but to grow into a big-time player,” Emery told R-Sport.
But to achieve consistency, the 6 foot 4 inch front man needs a combination of proper nurturing and the right attitude, Emery said.
“We have to help him achieve this. He has huge potential, but he has to want to develop as a player.”
Dzyuba failed to make in impression in his single appearance for Russia to date, which was 45 minutes in the 1-1 draw against Greece in November.
He has scored 25 times in 114 appearances for Spartak, and was the team captain in May’s clash against the reigning champions Zenit St. Petersburg, his team won 3-2.
Former Valencia coach Emery, 40, signed a two-year deal at Spartak Moscow last month.
- Emenike signs four-year extension with Spartak - Jun 26, 2012
- Spartak seal passage to Champions League group stage - Aug 30, 2012
- Unai Emery signs two-year Spartak deal - Jun 11, 2012
- Dzyuba to miss World Cup qualifiers - Sep 05, 2012
- Racist Zenit graffiti prompts UEFA warning - Jun 07, 2012
- Euro 2012: Russia's Kokorin out with injury - Jun 15, 2012
- Russia's Akinfeev has knee problem: Advocaat - Jun 05, 2012
- Spartak owner rules himself out of Russian FA job - Jun 27, 2012
- McGeady eyes revenge against Alania - Jul 17, 2012
- Zenit signs young striker from Montenegro - Jun 06, 2012
- Russia showing dangerous cohesion: Arshavin - Jun 11, 2012
- Russia to decide on new coach soon: Sports minister - Jul 05, 2012
- Spartak beat Fenerbahce in Champions League playoffs - Aug 22, 2012
- Spalletti backs Capello for Russia - Jul 15, 2012
- Kerzhakov signs four-year extension at Zenit - Aug 18, 2012
Tags: artem, big time, clash, consistency, dg, dick advocaat, emery, euro 2012, front man, july 17, man squad, proper guidance, ria novosti, russian football, spartak moscow, striker, strikers, team captain, time player, unai