We can solve the hockey mess through talks: K.P.S. GillJuly 28th, 2010 - 11:29 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 28 (IANS) Indian Hockey Federation (IHF) president K.P.S Gill said he was willing to talk to Hockey India (HI) and other stakeholders to resolve the hockey imbroglio.
The Delhi and Bombay high courts stayed the HI election Wednesday. It was the third time that the election was postponed. The International Hockey Federation (FIH) has set July 31 the deadline to hold the election.
“There has to be a solution to all this. We cannot continue with the blame game. It will do no good to anyone,” Gill told reporters.
Gill said the sports ministry has said it will work together with HI and IHF, which was disbanded by the Indian Olympic Association (IOA) in the interest of the sport.
“The government has taken the lead now and we should follow. I am happy with the sports ministry’s statement. Had the government taken the step two months back, the problems would have been sorted out earlier,” he said.
“There has been lot of mudslinging going on and hockey will suffer. There are so many cases pending in courts. We should sit together and sort out our differences,” said Gill.
Gill said he will meet FIH vice-president Antonio von Ondarza, who is here as the observer for the polls, and discuss the issue.
- No question of recognising IHF again, says FIH official - Aug 07, 2010
- FIH rejects ministry's contention, backs Hockey India - Aug 09, 2010
- Ministry derecognised HI because Pargat lost: Batra - Aug 06, 2010
- Sports ministry calls HI and IHF to form unified hockey body - Jun 09, 2011
- Gill turns down merger proposal with HI - Jun 24, 2011
- Hockey India paid higher hosting fee for World Cup: Gill - Jun 08, 2011
- Courts stay HI election, FIH official holds out a veiled threat (Lead) - Jul 28, 2010
- FIH gives a month to HI and IHF to work out merger formula - Feb 26, 2012
- Hockey India's claims meaningless, says Gill - May 23, 2010
- IHF rejects IOA's three-member panel - Aug 30, 2012
- IHF appoints national selection panel - Jul 13, 2010
- FIH president Negre to meet HI, IHF next week - Apr 07, 2012
- Maken gives HI, IHF a blueprint for merger - Jun 11, 2011
- HI to act tough on Bhopal nationals' participants - Jul 04, 2010
- Sports ministry recognises Gill-led IHF (Lead) - Aug 06, 2010
Tags: blame game, bombay, fih, high courts, ihf, imbroglio, India, indian hockey federation, indian olympic association, international hockey federation, ioa, mudslinging, New Delhi, polls, sports ministry, stakeholders, third time, vice president