We brought out our best game: PaesSeptember 8th, 2012 - 7:49 pm ICT by IANS
New York, Sep 8 (IANS) India’s tennis star Leander Paes said that he and his Czech partner brought their ‘A’ game against the Bryan brothers in the US Open men’s doubles final Friday night but it still wasn’t enough.
Paes and Stepanek, seeded fifth, went down 3-6 4-6 to the second seeded American twins Mike and Bob in the title clash.
It was sweet revenge by the Bryan brothers for their loss to Paes-Stepanek in the finals of the Australian Open earlier this year. It was the Bryan brothers fourth US Open title having won it in 2005, 2008 and 2010.
Paes was equally complimentary of both his partners and his opponent.
“Even though we got beaten today by one of the greatest teams of all time, my team and Radek’s team came out and brought everything they had to this tournament. I can guarantee you we will be giving it everything we have every single day for the rest of the year.” he said.
Stepanek said the Americans started off well.
“I think they started really well,” Stepanek said. “They were all over our serve from the beginning and making life very difficult for us out there. They were the better team today, so they deserve the win.”
- US Open: Paes-Stepanek face Bryan brothers in final - Sep 07, 2012
- US Open: Paes-Stepanek set-up final clash with Bryan brothers (Lead) - Sep 07, 2012
- Paes-Stepanek storm into final of Australian Open - Jan 26, 2012
- Paes-Stepanek shock Bryan brothers; lift Australian Open men's doubles title (Lead) - Jan 28, 2012
- Paes-Stepanek in finals, Mahesh-Bhupathi out - Mar 30, 2012
- Paes thanks Stepanek for helping him win Australian Open - Jan 28, 2012
- Bhupathi-Bopanna in Cincinnati final - Aug 19, 2012
- Paes brings cheer on a day cricketers cave in - Jan 28, 2012
- Paes-Stepanek beat Marrero-Verdasco, meet Bryan brothers in semis - Mar 29, 2012
- Paes-Stepanek crash out of Monaco Masters - Apr 21, 2012