WBA to probe Evander Holyfield loss in ZurichDecember 30th, 2008 - 8:30 pm ICT by ANI
London, Dec.30 (ANI): Veteran Evander Holyfield could get another crack at the WBA world heavyweight title after his controversial points defeat by Nikolai Valuev.
According to The Sun, the WBA Championship Committee has ordered a panel of judges to review the fight after the legendary four-time champ, 46, claimed he was robbed in their December 20 clash.
It was scored in favor of 7ft 2in Valuev but the Zurich crowd booed the decision.
A WBA official said it was being reviewed due to the respect for the opinion of the fans and media. (ANI)
- I'll retire if I don't get fights: Holyfield - Sep 12, 2012
- Evander Holyfield returns to boxing ring one more time - Dec 19, 2008
- Loss to Ruiz will send WBA heavyweight champ Haye into hiding for a year - Apr 02, 2010
- Iron Mike's heart not in boxing anymore, says Holyfield ruling out re-match - Sep 17, 2010
- Ex-boxing champ Holyfield says Tyson cant fight even if wants to - Jan 26, 2009
- World champion Haye on mission to unify world heavyweight title belts - Feb 08, 2010
- Mike Tyson becomes a vegan - Jul 29, 2010
- Evander Holyfield taught me how to punch, says Helen Mirren - Apr 06, 2011
- Cash-strapped Holyfield to fight Botha on Jan.16 - Jan 01, 2010
- Haye needs to prove himself before taking on Klitschko brothers: Tyson - Jul 17, 2010
- `David' Haye takes WBA title away from Russian `Goliath' Valuev - Nov 08, 2009
- Holyfield says he's "going to be undisputed world heavyweight champ" - Apr 12, 2010
- Ukraine boxer Klitschko accuses King of blocking title fight - Jan 29, 2009
- Heavyweight boxing champion Haye's was off sex for 10 weeks - Nov 10, 2009
- TNA Bound For Glory 2010 Results - Oct 11, 2010