Wasim Akram’s Wife Huma Dies Of SepsisOctober 25th, 2009 - 11:55 pm ICT by GD
By Madhuri Dey
Oct.25 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Wasim Akram’s wife Huma Akram passed away on Sunday from fever. Suffering from a rare disease, she finally succumbed to it after battling it out for five days. Huma was afflicted with sepsis, a disease in which the tissues of the body are affected. Blood becomes affected too and it finally leads to renal failure.
Huma was already diagnosed with sepsis when she was admitted to the Apollo Hospital in Chennai. She was accompanied by the former captain of the Pakistan cricket team. She was being taken to the Mount Elizabeth Hospital in Singapore from her home in Pakistan in an air ambulance. Heart and kidney complications arose while she was being flown. The journey had to be interrupted midway and she was taken to the hospital in Chennai. She was immediately admitted to the Intensive Care Unit and put on ventilator support. She was unconscious when she was taken in. She did not regain consciousness till the end. According to hospital authorities, she expired around 9:45 in the morning. Her death was unexpected as she was only forty two years old.
Huma was herself trained as a medical practitioner. She was associated with eminent hospitals in Pakistan. She served as a hypnotherapist and psychologist. While her husband was serving as the captain of the cricket team of Pakistan, she was appointed as the psychological counselor of the team. Wasim was known to have been grateful for the psychological support she had provided when his team members had revolted against him. Huma is survived by her children, Taimur and Akram, besides her husband. The hospital authorities said that arrangements were being made to take her body back to Pakistan.
- Wasim Akram's wife buried in Lahore - Oct 26, 2009
- Wasim Akram's wife Huma passes away - Oct 25, 2009
- Pak cricket fraternity grieves over Akram's wife's untimely death - Oct 26, 2009
- Wasim Akram's wife dies in Chennai - Oct 25, 2009
- Pakistan envoy speaks to Wasim Akram over ailing wife - Oct 23, 2009
- Wasim Akram's wife was taken abroad against doctors' advice - Oct 27, 2009
- Pak doctors' negligence led to Akram's wife's death: Inquiry committee report - Nov 26, 2009
- 17 doctors suspended for 'dereliction of duty' leading to Akram's wife's death - Dec 11, 2009
- Wasim Akram likes Sushmita Sen - Oct 11, 2010
- Consistent year of losing for Indian cricket: Akram - Apr 03, 2012
- Akram says doctors were more interested in making money than saving wife's life - Dec 12, 2009
- Akram seeks prayers for bringing up children the way late wife would have wanted - Oct 27, 2009
- Sacking Afridi was a big mistake: Akram - May 21, 2011
- Akram to appear before Lahore High Court in connection with wife's death case - Jan 14, 2010
- Jadeja putting pressure on Pathan: Akram - Oct 22, 2011
Tags: air ambulance, apollo hospital in chennai, dey, hospital authorities, huma, hypnotherapist, intensive care unit, kidney complications, madhuri, medical practitioner, mount elizabeth hospital, pakistan cricket team, psychological support, psychologist, rare disease, renal failure, sepsis, taimur, ventilator support, wasim akram