Wasim Akram was toughest bowler, says LaxmanAugust 19th, 2012 - 12:17 am ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, Aug 18 (IANS) India’s stylish batsman V. V. S. Laxman, who announced his retirement from international cricket Saturday, said Pakistan’s legendary fast bowler Wasim Akram was the toughest bowler he faced.
“The toughest bowler was Wasim Akram for the variations and skills he had. He was master of the variations,” he said.
Laxman said he was lucky to get an opportunity to play at the international level and face the challenges.
The Hyderabadi said he would cherish the moments he spent playing with stalwarts like Sachin Tendulkar, Rahul Dravid, Anil Kumble, Virender Sehwag and Sourav Ganguly.
Laxman said he chatted with the teammates in the morning. “The last 4-5 hours were very emotional. It was unbelievable love and affection. They were all surprised over the decision.”
- Laxman, India's crisis man (Profile) - Aug 18, 2012
- Tag of 'poor tourists' may haunt India again, fears Ganguly - Jan 11, 2012
- Former team mates hail Dravid 'The Wall' (Lead) - Mar 28, 2012
- I hope BCCI's inquiry is not a one-sided investigation: Akram - Aug 17, 2011
- India's cricket reputation lies in tatters - Aug 14, 2011
- Laxman makes things easy for me: Dravid - Nov 14, 2011
- Budding cricketers have lot to learn from Dravid: Ganguly - Mar 09, 2012
- Tendulkar will come back strongly at SCG: Ganguly - Dec 31, 2011
- Senior cricketers not retiring, says Indian team management - Jan 28, 2012
- Laxman always found Eden 'very very special' - Aug 18, 2012
- India to make fresh start against New Zealand (Preview) - Aug 22, 2012
- Tendulkar is all praise for his 'Fab' teammates - Feb 05, 2011
- Seven Indian cricketers in fray for ODI dream team - Dec 22, 2010
- Dhoni and Clarke have made politically correct statements (Comment) - Dec 25, 2011
- Old guard out to make a statement in IPL - Apr 12, 2011
Tags: Anil Kumble, batsman, challenges, dravid, ganguly laxman, hyderabadi, India, international cricket, love and affection, pakistan, retirement, sourav ganguly, stalwarts, teammates, tendulkar, v v s laxman, variations, virender sehwag, wasim akram