Washington Redskins Post 13-7 Victory Over Dallas CowboysSeptember 13th, 2010 - 6:35 pm ICT by GD
By Madhuri Dey
Sep 13, (THAINDIAN NEWS) It was the debut game of Mike Shanahan as the coach of the Washington Redskins and bringing certain changes in the team’s playing style, the Washington Redskins posted a 13-7 lead over the Dallas Cowboys. Being season opener for both the teams, it was the performance of the Washington Redskins that out shined that of Dallas Cowboys’ who managed to score the towards the end of the first century.
From the very beginning of the game, it was Washington Redskins who took the lead. They came up with some great offense play and towards the end of the first half, Dallas Cowboys were trailing behind by 10 points. However, the Dallas Cowboys saved their faces by going for a touchdown pass just before the end of the first half. It was Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo who went for a four-yard touchdown pass to wide receiver Miles Austin who then trimmed the lead to 10-7. In the second half of the game both the teams struggled hard to add some more points to their score but could not manage to. It was with 1:56 minutes remaining for the game when Washington Redskins’ Graham Gano went on to score a 49-yard field goal that raised the score of the team from 10 to 13. Although Tony Romo tried hard and drove the Dallas Cowboys inside the Washington Redskins’ 40 thrice, none of them materialized at the end.
Just 12 seconds remaining, the Dallas Cowboys Tony Romo found safety Roy Williams for an apparent touchdown. However as the game ended, Dallas Cowboys’ right tackle Alex Barron was penalized for holding Brian Orakpo of the Washington Redskins. This nullified the last minute touchdown of the Dallas Cowboys who lost the game by six points.
- Alex Barron's Penalty Cost Dallas Cowboys Heavily - Sep 13, 2010
- Redskins-Cowboys: Watch out for an interesting game today - Sep 27, 2011
- Washington Redskins Coach Mike Shanahan Wins Debut Game - Sep 13, 2010
- Cowboys Defeat Eagles By 20-16 - Nov 09, 2009
- Fans Looking Forward To Saturday Night Game Of Philip Rivers Against Tony Romo - Aug 21, 2010
- Michael Vick's Remarkable Performance Made The Day For Eagles - Nov 16, 2010
- Cowboys Defeat Eagles To Register First Victory In Decades - Jan 10, 2010
- Cincinnati Bengals Quarterback Jordan Palmer Fails To Impress - Aug 09, 2010
- Redskins vs. Cowboys Game: Fans have a blast - Sep 27, 2011
- Dallas Cowboys Quarterback Tony Romo Fractures Collarbone Against New York Giants - Oct 26, 2010
- Terence Newman is the showstopper in Dallas Cowboys win - Sep 30, 2009
- Philadelphia Eagles Vs Washington Redskins Match Was In Favor Of The Former - Nov 16, 2010
- Humanitarian Bowl Ends In Favour Of Northern Illinois Huskies - Dec 19, 2010
- Chris Cooley throws Tony Romo challenge for a cage fight - Oct 05, 2011
- Stealers to face Packers in Super Bowl after 24-19 victory over Jets - Jan 24, 2011
Tags: alex barron, brian orakpo, cowboys quarterback tony romo, dallas cowboys, dallas cowboys quarterback, dallas cowboys quarterback tony romo, debut game, dey, graham gano, madhuri, mike shanahan, roy williams, season opener, second half, six points, victory, washington redskins, wide receiver, yard field goal, yard touchdown