Washington Nationals Rope In Jayson Werth For A Whopping $126 Million DealDecember 6th, 2010 - 7:28 pm ICT by GD
By Madhuri Dey
Dec 6, (THAINDIAN NEWS) The Washington Nationals have just signed in Jayson Werth for a whopping $126 million. Yes this is the latest subject of discussion in the baseball circle. The deal is not just for any two or four years but a lengthy seven years. No wonder the Washington Nationals have been all the more careful after they received an early blow this month when their top slugger Adam Dunn deserted them for the Chicago White Sox. Ever since, the Washington Nationals are treading in carefully and is in no mood to waste time to enhance their team after they were seen committing this early act of hiring Jayson Werth.
The Major League Baseball’s Winter meetings is slated to begin today but the early actions came up after team managers and officials started gathering in Lake Buena Vista early. Undoubtedly the Washington nationals have provided a surprising curtain raiser to the event after snatching away Jason Werth from the Philadelphia Phillies. The 31 year old player was one of the key players of the rival Philadelphia Phillies. The Washington Nationals just could wait to add the free agent to their team. This is by far the richest deal in the history of the franchisee. An insider claimed that both Jayson Werth himself is also equally elated after striking the deal on Sunday evening.
Washington Nationals manager Jim Riggleman admitted that he himself was ignorant of the deal until a few hours back. The deal has taken every one by surprise as proceedings happened secretly under the wraps. The deal also raised a good amount of eyebrows as some felt that the 31 year old should not have been over valued as to be given such a lucrative offer.
- Jayson Werth's New Bearded Look - Feb 23, 2010
- Adam Dunn Signs A $56 Million Deal With Chicago White Sox - Dec 03, 2010
- Jimmy Rollins Strains Right Calf - Apr 13, 2010
- NJIT professor projects 2011 Major League Baseball winners using math - Apr 02, 2011
- Is Cliff Lee going to be traded to the Texas Rangers? - Jul 31, 2012
- Phillies Wins Phillies-Dodgers Game 5 And NLCS Series - Oct 22, 2009
- President Barack Obama Makes The 100th Pitch - Apr 06, 2010
- Daniel Nava Goes For A Grand Slam - Jun 13, 2010
- Shaun Marcum Likely To Be Sent To The Milwaukee Brewers - Dec 06, 2010
- Ryan Howard Signs On With Phillies, For Five More Years - Apr 27, 2010
- Obama's first pitch at Nationals opener goes "little high and outside" - Apr 06, 2010
- Adrian Gonzalez On The Verge Of Being Traded To Boston Red Sox - Dec 05, 2010
- World Series 2010 Has Been Scheduled - Oct 23, 2010
- A.J. Burnett Gives An Impressive Performance In The Second Game Of The World Series - Oct 30, 2009
- John Mayberry Jr. to date Antoinette Nikprelaj - Sep 08, 2011
Tags: adam dunn, chicago white sox, curtain raiser, dey, eyebrows, franchisee, free agent, jayson werth, lake buena vista, madhuri, major league baseball, manager jim riggleman, philadelphia phillies, proceedings, rope, seven years, sunday evening, team managers, washington nationals, winter meetings