Warsaw takes training to help blind fans at Euro 2012March 14th, 2012 - 3:02 pm ICT by IANS
Warsaw, March 14 (IANS) A training course for voluntary blind and sight-impaired custodians at the Euro 2012 football championship is being carried out in Warsaw’s Olympic Centre.
The course is aimed at helping blind and sight-impaired fans to follow the tournament. Under the system, introduced for the first time in Poland, non-seeing fans will be offered a live game commentary including descriptions of visual elements like player movements, costumes and colours.
The 20 voluntaries are trained by audio-description specialists with experience in commentaries for the blind. The necessary equipment will be financed under UEFA’s Respect Inclusion program, Xinhua reports.
The 16-nation Euro 2012 soccer championships, slated for June 8- July 1, 2012, will take place in Polish cities of Warsaw, Gdansk, Wroclaw and Poznan as well as Ukrainian cities of Kiev, Lvov, Donetsk and Kharkov.
- Blind Ukrainians to enjoy soccer with headphones - Apr 04, 2012
- Blind fans to enjoy Euro 2012 - Apr 04, 2012
- Polish cops to assist in Ukraine during Euro 2012 - Mar 14, 2012
- Ban on smoking and tobacco ads at Euro 2012 - Oct 21, 2011
- Tango 12 named official ball of Euro 2012 - Nov 30, 2011
- UEFA pleased with Euro 2012 preparations, says Ukraine - Nov 22, 2011
- Handbook ready for football fans ahead of Euro 2012 - May 22, 2012
- Polish border guards ready for Euro 2012 - May 23, 2012
- Polish competition watchdog sues UEFA over Euro 2012 tickets - Mar 20, 2012
- Euro 2012 free from cigarette smoke - Feb 28, 2012
- Stay off during Euro 2012, Polish PM tells protesters - May 19, 2012
- Ukraine's Euro 2012 preparations enter home stretch: President - May 31, 2012
- Euro 2012 organisers to open volunteers training centre - Apr 20, 2012
- Shortage of public toilets for Euro 2012 - Feb 23, 2012
- Ukraine enjoys Euro 2012 tourism windfall - Jun 19, 2012
Tags: audio description, commentaries, donetsk, euro 2012, football championship, game commentary, gdansk, inclusion program, kharkov, lvov, necessary equipment, polish cities, poznan, soccer championships, time in poland, ukrainian cities, visual elements, warsaw, wroclaw, xinhua