Warne’s relationship with Hurley doesn’t affect me, says ex-wifeFebruary 21st, 2011 - 1:18 pm ICT by ANI
Sydney, Feb 21 (ANI): Shane Warne’s ex-wife Simone Callahan has said that she’s not bothered by the former cricketer’s latest exploits with Liz Hurley.
But it looks like Callahan is seeking revenge, posing on a magazine cover in a teeny white bikini and boasting about her new love.
A week after Hurley headed home to Britain following a very public stay in Melbourne, she posed for New Idea magazine.
The 41-year-old said the publicity surrounding Warne’s new relationship “put a bit of a dampener on everything” for their family over Christmas, but insisted his antics had not affected her.
“I don’t have to worry about it any more. It doesn’t have any effect on me,” the Sydney Morning Herald quoted her as telling the magazine in an interview for which she is believed to have been paid 80,000 dollars.
Although she and the former spin bowler divorced in 2006, Callahan said the couple decided to work things out two years ago and they moved in together.
“When things are ingrained in your heart, you just can’t change that. I know a lot of people wonder why I gave it a try as many times as I did,” she said.
“People say you can’t ever really go back, but I had to learn that myself. It was a part of my life that I needed to accept for myself was truly over - and it is,” she said.
Callahan said the couple decided to split last October and she moved out of their Melbourne mansion in January, just after Warne and Hurley were photographed kissing in London.
“Shane and I had spoken to the children about the planned break and they were sad - of course we all were, Callahan said.
“But they had no idea about their father and anyone else at that time,” she added. (ANI)
- Warne's ex wife spills the beans on his relationship with Hurley - Feb 20, 2011
- Warne's ex reveals they were still living together during Hurley fling - Feb 22, 2011
- Shane Warne's ex-wife left devastated by his sex scandals - Dec 20, 2010
- Shane Warne's ex finds love in the arms of model Toby Roberts - Jan 31, 2011
- Shane Warne flies home as rumours about affair with Hurley grow - Dec 13, 2010
- Warne's private life is his business: Cricket Australia - Dec 14, 2010
- Shane Warne, Liz Hurley snapped smooching in a car! - Jan 23, 2011
- Meet the Simone Callahan who is not Shane Warne's wife - Dec 16, 2010
- Liz Hurley planning romantic New Year rendezvous with Shane Warne - Dec 14, 2010
- Liz Hurley 'moving into Shane Warne's Melbourne mansion' - Mar 28, 2011
- Porn star calls Hurley a mug for expecting fairytale romance with Warne - Feb 17, 2011
- Shane Warne's ex-wife Simone Callahan flaunts her new lover - Mar 02, 2011
- Liz Hurley tweets 'she's loving Oz' - Feb 10, 2011
- Shane Warne to marry Liz Hurley? - Aug 23, 2011
- Hurley tosses the coin at MCG - Dec 17, 2011
Tags: antics, callahan, christmas, cricketer, dampener, exploits, heart, liz hurley, london, love, morning herald, new idea magazine, publicity, relationship, revenge, shane warne, simone, stay in melbourne, sydney morning herald, white bikini