Warne’s choices for Australia’s chairman of selectorsOctober 20th, 2011 - 7:26 pm ICT by IANS
Sydney, Oct 20 (IANS) Legendary spinner Shane Warne says Geoff Lawson, Dean Jones, Tom Moody or Trevor Hohns would do a great job if they were given the nod to succeed Andrew Hilditch as Australia’s cricket election chairman.
“I’m sure if any of those guys get involved then we’re going to be on the right track,” Warne said while proposing the name of his former teammate Darren Lehmann as Australia’s coach or chairman of selectors.
“They’re good cricket people, they’ve got good experience, they’re all good names. That’s great that all the good people are getting back and offering something to Australian cricket,” reports the Sydney Morning Herald quoting Warne.
Warne defended the maligned Hilditch, saying it was unfair for critics to blame Australia’s recent struggles on the outgoing selector.
“I think CA dropped the ball a little bit, the selectors got a few things wrong, but you’re going to get a few things wrong because it’s a tough gig,” Warne said. “That was a bit unfair on Andrew Hilditch there because I think he was pretty good.”
- CA's contract system should be overhauled: Hohns - Aug 13, 2011
- Trevor Hohns also willing to replace Hilditch - Aug 20, 2011
- Former Australia selectors' chief Hohns makes a comeback - Aug 08, 2011
- CA makes sweeping changes, sacks Hilditch and Chappell from selection panel - Aug 19, 2011
- England's Ashes mastermind says Oz selection policy has 'evaporated' - Jan 12, 2011
- Darren Lehmann can be a great coach: Shane Warne - Oct 20, 2011
- Hodge arguably the unluckiest cricketer of his generation: Ex-Oz selector - Jan 23, 2011
- Christian surprised at his fat IPL paycheque - Jan 10, 2011
- Ashes review is a great thing for Australian cricket: Hilditch - Mar 20, 2011
- There is something wrong with Cricket Australia: Chappell - Aug 22, 2011
- ACA endorses Katich's stand on part-time selectors - Jun 22, 2011
- Oz selectors not under pressure due to continuous criticism: Hilditch - Dec 11, 2010
- Lawson criticises CA's selection policy - Nov 28, 2011
- Lee needs to play more cricket before ODI comeback, says Hilditch - Oct 27, 2010
- I won't leave selection panel: Hilditch - Jan 11, 2011
Tags: australian cricket, choices, dean, dean jones, former teammate, geoff lawson, gig, good experience, hilditch, lehmann, little bit, morning herald, nod, selectors, shane warne, spinner, sydney morning herald, those guys, tom moody, trevor hohns