Warne takes three, Rajasthan Royals thrash Kochi Tuskers (Lead)April 25th, 2011 - 12:59 am ICT by IANS
Japiur, April 24 (IANS) Shane Warne led from the front with three wickets as Rajasthan Royals roared back in the Indian Premier League (IPL) with a thumping eight-wicket victory over Kochi Tuskers here Sunday.
Rajasthan Royals have always performed well at home and they were right on top of their game against Kochi.
Warne (3-16) dealt crucial blows in the middle order and together with paceman Siddharth Trivedi (3-19) never allowed Kochi Tuskers to settle down, bowling the visitors out for 109. The bowlers were supported by some good fielding and catching.
Shane Watson (49) and Rahul Dravid (44) shared 71 runs for the opening wicket and took the game away from Kochi. Rajasthan Royals reached the target in 14.1 overs.
It was an important victory for Rajasthan Royals after losing three matches on the trot. They have now jumped to second place in the rakings with seven points from as many matches.
And it was charismatic Warne who again who led by example with an inspiring peformance to lift the morale of the team.
Nothing went right for Kochi Tuskers after they were put in to bat. They missed hard-hitting Brendon McCullum who sat out with a sore shoulder.
Johan Botha got the important wicket of captain Mahela Jayawardene with 26 runs on the board. VVS Laxman made 32 but was run out.
Warne then dismissed Brad Hodge and Kochi Tuskers were reeling at 42/3.
Parthiv Patel (32) and Ravindra Jadeja (22) tried to stem the rot and added 48 runs for the fourth wicket. But Warne came back to remove both Parthiv and Jadeja off successive deliveries to end the crucial partnership.
Kochi Tuskers then caved in, with Trivedi bowling well in the final overs.
- Warne lauds Rajasthan Royals for giving gutsy performance against Kochi Tuskers - Apr 25, 2011
- IPL Scoreboard: Rajasthan Royals vs Kochi Tuskers - Apr 25, 2011
- Scoreboard: Rajasthan Royals vs Super Kings, IPL - May 11, 2012
- Morkel, Srikanth heroics give Super Kings four-wicket win (Lead) - May 11, 2012
- Hodge powers Tuskers to thumping victory against Rajasthan Royals (Lead) - May 16, 2011
- Gayle, Dilshan power RCB to nine-wicket win over Tuskers (Lead) - May 08, 2011
- Must win game for Super Kings and Rajasthan Royals - May 09, 2012
- Super Kings favourites against Rajasthan Royals - May 03, 2011
- Scoreboard: Rajasthan Royals vs Deccan Chargers, IPL - May 19, 2012
- Gayle powers RCB to victory over Kochi Tuskers (Roundup) - May 08, 2011
- Chennai Super Kings trounce Rajasthan Royals by 63 runs (Lead) - May 10, 2011
- Kochi Tuskers beat Mumbai Indians - Apr 16, 2011
- IPL scorebaord: Rajasthan Royals vs. Chennai Super Kings - May 04, 2011
- Botha steers Rajasthan Royals to victory over Deccan Chargers (Lead) - Apr 09, 2011
- Old guard out to make a statement in IPL - Apr 12, 2011
Tags: april 24, asian news, bowlers, deliveries, indo, ipl, johan botha, mahela jayawardene, mccullum, premier league, rahul, rajasthan, ravindra, seven points, shane watson, siddharth, sore shoulder, target, wicket victory, wickets