Warne rubbishes rumours of taking up England coach’s jobJanuary 9th, 2009 - 6:35 pm ICT by IANS
Sydney, Jan 9 (IANS) Australian spin wizard Shane Warne Friday rubbished rumours that he is in line for the job of England cricket team coach after the sacking of Peter Moores. England captain Kevin Pietersen Wednesday stepped down from the captaincy after a long strife with coach Moores.
The sacking of Moores sparked rumours that Pietersen had sounded out Warne for the job.
“Let me say I am in no way, shape or form considering coaching England,” Warne was quoted as saying in Daily Telegraph.
“I’m loving what I’m doing, especially the Channel 9 commentary, and there is no thought of coaching England or anyone else. The only way I’d do that is through an offer so financially outrageous it would be impossible to refuse.”
- Pietersen will be England's X-factor, feel Vaughan and Warne - Jul 16, 2011
- Anderson defends ex-England coach Moores after Pietersen's criticism - Jan 01, 2011
- Moores sacking came at the right time: Pietersen - Dec 31, 2010
- My quitting as skipper laid England's Ashes win foundation: Pietersen - Dec 31, 2010
- Kevin Pietersen says he is hungry for runs - May 25, 2011
- Elusive three figure mark in Test denting Pietersen's morale - Aug 27, 2010
- Coach Flower says KP will rise to the occasion during Ashes - Nov 23, 2010
- Warnie looks after me in Melbourne, just as Sachin and Ganguly do in India: Pietersen - Dec 09, 2010
- ECB fines Kevin Pietersen for Twitter outburst - May 24, 2012
- Fletcher could come a cropper when he tours UK with Indian team: Swann - Apr 29, 2011
- Warne warns opponents to be wary of dangerous backlash from wounded Pietersen - Jan 09, 2009
- Pietersen would now be more dangerous as batsman: Warne - Jan 09, 2009
- Warne did not take Pietersens offer to be England coach seriously - Jan 09, 2009
- I'm not done yet, says Strauss - May 16, 2011
- Pietersen casts doubt on three-captain strategy - May 11, 2011