War of the WAGs putting Germanys Euro 2008 campaign in disarray?June 18th, 2008 - 3:03 pm ICT by ANI
London, June 18 (ANI): Germanys football captain Michael Ballack is livid about the hours his team-mates are spending with their WAGs, for it has left the countrys Euro 2008 campaign in disarray.
German fans were not impressed after their side was beaten 2-1 by Croatia. The discontent increased when wives and girlfriends of the footballers joined them the very next day.
And, echoing the fans black mood was Ballack, who rescued the countrys hopes with a win over Austria.
Ballack and team-mate Torsten Frings were furious that with their campaign hanging on by a thread, their team-mates opted to spend time with their partners rather than focussing on football.
In fact, they were so upset that they even called a team meeting before their 1-0 win over Austria without manager Joachim Loew or any coaching staff present, reports Daily Star.
Ballack later said: Footballs not always harmonious. The voices in the team have got louder.
A source also told The Sun:The argument about the WAGs has caused a lot of trouble. (ANI)
- Loew stays on as Germany's coach until Euro 2012 - Jul 20, 2010
- 'No power struggle,' Lahm says of captaincy claim - Jul 08, 2010
- German coach names players for Argentina friendly - Aug 10, 2012
- Klose winner gives Germany best of Euro 2012 starts - Sep 04, 2010
- Spain's midfield maestros playing on German minds - Jul 06, 2010
- Dutch reach World Cup final; captaincy row roils Germans (Second Lead) - Jul 07, 2010
- Ballack will not join Germany captaincy debate - Jul 07, 2010
- Germany look to avoid unspeakable disaster against Ghana - Jun 22, 2010
- Lahm to skipper Germany at World Cup; Neuer is keeper - May 28, 2010
- Injured Germany captain Ballack to miss World Cup - May 17, 2010
- Germany ready, confident ahead of World Cup - Jun 09, 2010
- Beckenbauer backs Ballack as captain - Aug 14, 2010
- Euro 2012: Italy were 'cleverer' than Germany, says Loew - Jun 29, 2012
- 4-2-3-1 is the key for winning World Cup formula - Jun 11, 2010
- Loew is proud of his team but leaves his future open - Jul 11, 2010
Tags: captain michael, countrys, croatia, daily star, disarray, discontent, euro 2008, focussing, football captain, footballers, footballs, german fans, joachim loew, london, michael ballack, team mate, team mates, voices, wags, wives and girlfriends