`WAGS are busy cows, says Tottenham Hostspur manager RedknappMay 14th, 2009 - 4:36 pm ICT by ANI
London, May 14 (ANI): Tottenham Hostspur manager Harry Redknapp has branded WAGs “busy cows”.
The former Portsmouth manager, 62, said: “They’re busy cows! “I don’t like it. I’ve got no time for it at all. I think it’s important for any footballer to have a good woman behind him, especially because you can have lots of ups and downs in football and you need somebody you can go home to and help you through that.”
“I make sure I never have a go at Sandra. It’s hard though and you can get very low. It’s silly really but I think most managers are the same. When you stop caring, that’s the time to pack it in,” The Telegraph quoted Redknapp, as saying.
Referring to his wife, he added: “She’s fantastic but she doesn’t even like football that much. She never comes to the football. She used to come and watch Jamie a bit but she likes her routine. I think I won the lottery with Sandra to be honest.”
Redknapp’s son Jamie, a former Liverpool player who is married to former pop star Louise, told FQ Magazine: “When I was playing, she never said I should do this or that but nowadays I do see a lot of players whose wives get involved.
“When you’ve got a stable background it makes your life easier. I’m not saying we’re the perfect family - we’re not. We all have our ups and downs but I think it does help you. I almost feel sorry for people who don’t have their dad around or don’t speak to them. I think that’s such a shame for them because I know how lucky I am to have that in my life,” Jamie said. (ANI)
- Beckham likely to join Tottenham Hotspur on three-month deal - Jan 02, 2011
- Redknapp eyes England manager role - Sep 14, 2010
- Man U stars showed me how to win, says Defoe - Nov 27, 2010
- Kelly Brook hates 'unhappy relationship' - Jan 09, 2012
- I won't be mugged again in Madrid: Redknapp - Mar 19, 2011
- Frustrated Capello says Wags are a 'virus' - Feb 28, 2010
- England footballers on holidaying spree after shameful WC exit - Jul 01, 2010
- Redknapp calls for 'sicko' racist abusers to be put behind bars - Sep 26, 2009
- Hughes accuses Mancini of secretly stealing his job at Man City - Nov 20, 2010
- Spurs must not put Bale up for sale: Redknapp - Apr 05, 2011
- Fluminense midfielder Deco worried about Brazilian football - May 01, 2012
- Beckhham not a marketing tool, can buy any club he wants: Redknapp - Jan 03, 2011
- Ancelotti fancies succeeding Capello as England manager - Oct 17, 2010
- Khloe clueless about Kim, Kanye - Apr 14, 2012
- Roy Hodgson to take over as England soccer manager - May 02, 2012
Tags: cows, dad, footballer, good woman, harry redknapp, liverpool player, london, lottery, perfect family, pop star, portsmouth, sandra, son jamie, stable background, such a shame, telegraph, ups, ups and downs, wags