Wade Phillips’ Job Might Be At StakeNovember 8th, 2010 - 8:38 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Nov 8, (THAINDIAN NEWS) The job of Dallas Cowboy’s coach, Wade Phillips, seems to be at stake. The owner of the team Jerry Jones seems to be on the verge of replacing the coach with a new one after Dallas Cowboy’s Sunday night’s 45-7 loss to the Green Bay Packers.
The Dallas Cowboys, who is currently running with the miserable score of 1-7, lost five consecutive games and outscored 121-59 the last three games in this season. This has apparently disappointed Jerry Jones, who refused to assure the media that Wade Phillips would continue to remain the coach for the rest of the season. This is for the first time that Jerry Jones took such a drastic decision of coach replacement mid-season. The owner of the team said that is certainly a big set back for the team and they have to suffer consequences for this. He recalled the team’s standard of performances in the last few seasons which automatically enhances his expectation from the team. Last season, his team was overwhelming with a score of 11-5, and this time a 1-7 start is certainly indigestible. He blames the poor performance of the offensive line and the running attack, which was miserably reduced to only 2.8 yards per carry. He also noticed the growing number of big plays that has been allowed, too many missed tackles backed by utter intercommunication within the team.
This showed the incompetency on the part of the coach to sustain the standard of Dallas Cowboys. He avoided the question of whether Wade Phillips would be fired from the team or not, but certainly said that something need to be done. He would conduct an elaborate discussion with the team today, although he did not reveal what would the discussion be center around.
- Wade Phillips Fired By Jery Jones - Nov 09, 2010
- Jerry Jones gets his glasses cleaned while watching his Cowboys match - Sep 07, 2012
- Jerry Jones' Hopes Of Setting Super Bowl Attendance Record Dashed - Feb 07, 2011
- Cowboys Kicker Nick Folk Likely To Be Dismissed After Missing Goal Attempt Against Saints - Dec 20, 2009
- Dallas Cowboys Likely To Hire Rob Ryan As Defense Coordinator - Jan 15, 2011
- Fans Looking Forward To Saturday Night Game Of Philip Rivers Against Tony Romo - Aug 21, 2010
- Cowboys will interview Cam Newton - Feb 26, 2011
- Washington Redskins Post 13-7 Victory Over Dallas Cowboys - Sep 13, 2010
- Dallas Cowboys Prevail Over Cincinnati Bengals In First Pre-Season Game - Aug 09, 2010
- Record Of The Highest Attendance At A Super Bowl Not Established On Sunday As A Result Of Construction Problems - Feb 07, 2011
- Dallas Cowboys Quarterback Tony Romo Fractures Collarbone Against New York Giants - Oct 26, 2010
- White House crashers escorted out of owners' suite at Super Bowl - Feb 10, 2011
- Green Bay Packers Bring Vince Lombardi Trophy Home For The Fourth Time - Feb 07, 2011
- Dallas Cowboys' coaches injured and paralyzed by May 2009 roof collapse reach $34 million settlement - Aug 31, 2010
- Green Bay Packers Beat Pittsburgh Steelers To Win Super Bowl XLV - Feb 07, 2011
Tags: consecutive games, dallas cowboy, dallas cowboys, drastic decision, expectation, green bay packers, incompetency, intercommunication, jerry jones, kar, meena, mid season, offensive line, poor performance, running attack, stake, tackles, three games, verge, wade phillips