Vivek Oberoi speaks about his upcoming film ”Mission Istanbul”July 11th, 2008 - 8:19 pm ICT by ANI
Mumbai, July 11 (ANI): Bollywood actor Vivek Oberoi spoke about his upcoming adventure film ”Mission Istanbul” in Mumbai.
Ekta Kapoor, Shobha Kapoor, Sunil Shetty and Shabbir Boxwala produce the film ”Mission Istanbul” which is written and directed by Apoorva Lakhia.
Lakhia is known for his films like Mumbai Se Aaya Mera Dost, Ek Ajnabee and Shootout at Lokhandwala.
Lakhia’’s film stars Vivek Oberoi, Shriya Saran, Zayed Khan, Sunil Shetty and Shabbir Ahluwalia besides many others.
Mission Istanbul is the story of a journalist being played by actor Zayed Khan who is offered a job by Suniel Shetty in Istanbul .
Bollywood actor Zayed Khan who had put on 11 kilograms and weighed 75 kilograms for the first time in his life spoke about his hectic workout schedule at the news conference.
Vivek Oberoi who made his debut in Ram Gopal Varma’’s film ”Company” essays the character of Rizwan Khan in this film.
When I was shooting for ”Shootout at Lokhandwala” and Apoorva gave me script of ”Mission Istanbul” and asked me how do you like it? I said yes. So he asked me what role you would like to play. I said Rizwan and only Rizwan Khan, said Vivek.
He further added that he had really worked hard for this film and was excited about it too.
My expectations are that we have worked really hard and we had tried to tackle a really difficult subject of global terrorism, a difficult subject and I hope that the people go out and see the film and enjoy it. I also want them to see Rizwan Khan and enjoy him, added Vivek.
Music of the film has been rendered by Shamir Tandon, Chirantan Bhatt, Anu Malik and Mika Singh, while plethora of singers like Kunal Ganjawala, Sunidhi Chauhan and Mika Singh have leant their voice for the film.
The film is slated for a July 25 release. (ANI)
- Promotion of Bollywood film 'Mission Istanbul' held in Mumbai - May 29, 2008
- Mission Istanbul Preview - Jun 12, 2008
- Priyanka to shoot 'Zanjeer' remake starting September - Jul 23, 2012
- Shabbir Ahluwalia not to quit television for films - Jul 24, 2008
- 'Mission Istanbul' - all about tough guys and global terrorism (Preview) - Jul 07, 2008
- New cop thriller will start in August: Apoorva Lakhia - Jun 06, 2010
- Sanajay Gupta moves on without Sanjay Dutt! - Mar 01, 2012
- 'Mission Istanbul' - action-packed terrorism tale (Film Review) - Jul 26, 2008
- Tusshar's new avatar: Aggressive-funny gangster - May 01, 2012
- Cricket fun, but challenging, say Bollywood actors - Feb 12, 2012
- Lakhia moves on to comedy with 'Generation X' - Jul 16, 2008
- 'Shootout at Wadala' my most challenging film: Sanjay Gupta - May 01, 2012
- Priyanka not yet confirmed for 'Zanjeer' remake: Apoorva Lakhia - Apr 07, 2012
- 'Zanjeer' remake launch in April - Feb 12, 2012
- Jeetendra releases music of 'Mission Istanbul' in Bangkok - Jun 06, 2008
Tags: adventure film, ahluwalia, ajnabee, anu malik, bollywood actor, ekta kapoor, global terrorism, mika singh, mumbai se aaya, ram gopal varma, rizwan khan, shabbir, shobha, shootout at lokhandwala, shriya saran, suniel shetty, sunil shetty, vivek oberoi, workout schedule, zayed khan