Vince Young, The Titans’ Quarterback, Is Out Of The NFL Due To An InjuryNovember 23rd, 2010 - 10:03 pm ICT by Pen Men At Work
November 23, 2010 (Pen Men at Work): The Tennessee Titans’ chief coach, Jeff Fisher, has mentioned to the media that the quarterback, Vince Young, needs to undergo surgical treatment to fix a torn ligament in his thumb and will, therefore, not participate in the rest of the season. He has been positioned on the injured reserve. The past quarterback of the Florida Atlantic University, Rusty Smith, will commence for the Titans in week 12 against the Texans. Chris Simms will be hired to assume Young’s spot on the register.
Fisher, subsequent to Young’s latest bodily injury, has mentioned that a robust Young would not have entered the starting lineup of the Titans on the coming Sunday against Houston. Young was cursed by this injury late in the third quarter of his squad’s overtime defeat against Washington on the latest Sunday by the score of 19-16. Fisher asserted to the media that he was unaware whether Young will obtain an additional medical opinion.
Fisher had been bitterly disappointed and enraged by Young owing to his actions subsequent to the game on Sunday when Young flung his pads into the stands. This is one of the reasons behind Fisher’s statement that Young would not have been a part of the starting lineup this Sunday even if he were physically fit. A security sentinel recovered the shoulder pads in question. Young was involved in a fiery exchange with Fisher in the locker room subsequent to the defeat.
The Tennessean mentioned on Monday that the Titans’ boss, Bud Adams, had communicated to Fisher and Young and ordered them to resolve their acrimoniousness and function in concert. Adams has divulged that Young uttered to him that he yearned to return to the game.
Fisher is in his 16th season and is the longest-employed coach in the NFL and possesses a plain-speaking reputation. Adams had viewed the vocational evolution of Young and was impressed by him, so much that Adams labeled Young after acquiring him in the 2006 draft as ‘VY is my guy.’ Nevertheless, Adams is conscious that Young is being situated on the injured reserve.
Fisher has articulated that his concentration is not on Young currently since Young will not be participating in the remainder of the season due to his injury. Young’s case can be dealt with after the season concludes. Meanwhile, Young has twittered and voiced to Adams that he desires to compete. But Fisher has vocalized that Young has not spoken to him or the offensive coordinator or the quarterback instructor about him yearning to play again.
Young is a rather accomplished and proficient player. Among his achievements, in 2009, Young procured his second Pro Bowl Selection and was chosen as the ‘Sporting News NFL Comeback Player’ of 2009. He has attained the Davey O’Brien Award, which is bequeathed annually to the superlative collegiate quarterback in America. In 2006, ESPN honored Young by calling him the 10th best college football competitor ever.
- Vince Young's Future In Tennessee Titans Seems Blurred - Nov 23, 2010
- Jeff Fisher Ends His Ties With Tennessee Titans - Jan 28, 2011
- Is it going to be Derek Anderson vs. Vince Young in Monday's game? - Aug 23, 2010
- NFL Week 12 Updates: Vince Young Not To Play For The Remaining Season - Nov 24, 2010
- Tennessee Titans Parting Ways With Quarterback Vince Young - Jan 06, 2011
- Matt Leinart vs. Vince Young: Face-off in the NFL - Aug 23, 2010
- Troy Polamalu Vs. Champ Bailey: A Tale Of Competence Galore - Aug 29, 2010
- Randy Moss Claimed by Tennessee Titans - Nov 12, 2010
- Kevin Kolb Vs. Carson Palmer Who Will Take His Team To Glory - Aug 20, 2010
- John Brantley to miss crucial game because of injury - Oct 03, 2011
- Cedric Benson suspended for 3-matches - Sep 23, 2011
- Brett Favre Registers Himself For His 20th NFL Campaign - Aug 22, 2010
- Peyton Manning (Indianapolis Colts) Vs. Aaron Rodgers (Green Bay Packers) Could Be A Foretaste Of The Super Bowl Of The NFL - Aug 26, 2010
- Vince Young Loses Cool After Titan's Debacle - Nov 22, 2010
- Various rumors regarding Peyton Manning abound - Jan 30, 2012
Tags: afte, bodily injury, bud adams, chief coach, chris simms, coach jeff, florida atlantic university, game fisher, injured reserve, jeff fisher, locker room, men at work, pen men, rusty smith, shoulder pads, starting lineup, tennessean, tennessee titans, torn ligament, vince young