Vince Lombardi’s Heritage Attains Sizable Success At Broadway In A DocudramaFebruary 7th, 2011 - 8:28 pm ICT by Pen Men At Work
February 7, 2011 (Pen Men at Work): The time of the Super Bowl has arrived and the National Football League’s (NFL) Green Bay Packers (GBP) has reemerged in the limelight too. Also, in focus is the GBP’s illustrious erstwhile coach of the 1960s, Vince Lombardi. The heritage of the deceased Lombardi, granted a position in the Hall of Fame, lives on in the first-rate silvery Vince Lombardi Trophy (VLT). The Packers trounced the Steelers 31-25 at Arlington in Texas on February 6 to be triumphant in the Super Bowl for the fourth time.
However, the late Lombardi himself, the venerable Packers’ coach, has now occupied the center stage at Broadway in the program (play), ‘Lombardi’, which is a docudrama of 95 minutes. Lombardi was a meticulous workaholic, who converted a trailing franchise, GBP, into a potent entity. Dan Lauria, who was associated with ‘The Wonder Years,’ enacts the character of Lombardi in ‘Lombardi.’ Judith Light has enacted roles in ‘One Life to Live’ (soap opera), as well as in ‘Who’s the Boss?’ (sitcom), among other programs. Light is enacting the character of Marie, the hard-shelled but dutiful wife of Lombardi, in ‘Lombardi,’ which has been attaining success consistently and has been admired by the spectators since ‘Lombardi’ was initiated at the Circle in the Square Theatre in October.
Timing is extremely significant and the Packers’ reappearance in the NFL’s competition confrontation during the play’s opening season is ideal, as per Light. Light has stated that this is celestial choreography. Nothing can be better than 2011 being the year in which the Packers are journeying to the Super Bowl. This is extraordinarily pleasing.
One of the countless Packers’ aficionados is Steve Bachman, who witnessed ‘Lombardi’ in the preceding week, on the most silent Sunday of the NFL’s season. Bachman, a Milwaukeean suburbanite, enjoyed the docudrama absolutely.
‘Lombardi’ has also procured tributes from the theatergoers not captivated by football. Partially, this is because the title character’s football feats share considerable playing time with his unstable matrimony and prickly association with the draftee magazine reporter, Michael McCormick, whose character is enacted by Keith Nobbs, in ‘Lombardi.’
Lombardi competed in American football at the St. Francis Preparatory School and subsequently at the Fordham University. He commenced coaching as a subordinate and, afterward, as a chief coach at the St. Cecilia High School. He would, after some more time, become a junior coach at the Fordham University as well as at the U.S. Military Academy. He would abide by the deputy coach’s post at the New York Giants as well. Then, he would don the mantle of head coach for the GBP from 1959–67 for which he obtained colossal applause. In 1969, he would be appointed as the chief coach for the Washington Redskins.
- Green Bay Packers win Super Bowl 31-25 over Pittsburgh Steelers - Feb 07, 2011
- Green Bay Packers Bring Vince Lombardi Trophy Home For The Fourth Time - Feb 07, 2011
- Vince Lombardi's Life Documented By HBO - Dec 12, 2010
- Record Of The Highest Attendance At A Super Bowl Not Established On Sunday As A Result Of Construction Problems - Feb 07, 2011
- Robert Di Nero to play Vince Lombardi - Mar 10, 2010
- Swimsuit model Marisa Miller has been named as the spokesperson for NFL - Oct 12, 2010
- Aaron Rodgers To Face Off With Michael Vick In NFC Wild Card Weekend Match - Jan 09, 2011
- Jim Harbaugh Quits Stanford For San Francisco 49ers - Jan 08, 2011
- Superbowl 2011 To Kick Off Today - Feb 06, 2011
- Green Bay Packers Beat Pittsburgh Steelers To Win Super Bowl XLV - Feb 07, 2011
- Green Bay Packers to visit the White House - Aug 12, 2011
- Madieu Williams Bags Walter Payton Man Of The Year Award - Feb 07, 2011
- New Orleans Saints and Green Bay Packers to fight it out for the season opener - Sep 09, 2011
- Its Minnesota Vikings vs Green Bay Packers today - Nov 14, 2011
- Governor Jindal joins the New Orleans Saints in rally to support coastal Louisiana - Jun 09, 2010
Tags: center stage, circle in the square theatre, dan lauria, docudrama, dutiful wife, green bay packers, hall of fame, judith light, men at work, national football league, one life to live, pen men, soap opera, steve bachman, suburbanite, vince lombardi, vince lombardi trophy, who s the boss, wonder years, workaholic